Tool

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
I heard the new Tool album last night....my girlfriend bought it a few days ago. The packaging is fucking cool. They have been known for unique packaging on the last few albums, but this one takes the cake.

The album itself will need about seventy more listens to get my head around though, so I don't really know what I think of it at this stage. No wonder their albums are few and far between, it probably takes them that long to get into their own songs as well.

It seemed a bit more atmospheric and a bit less heavy than the others though. I will probably catch them when they tour as Jo will want to go.

Coincidently, I tuned into Rage last night for something to do, and they were guest programming, from their recent promo tour. They played some whack shit. I haven't heard Aphex Twin for years.

Yeah that Rage show last night was pretty good. I remember when Mudvayne did the guest program, now THAT was a kick ass show, the band isnt that great though. I missed it when Metallica did it in 04, but their track list was pretty lame.

I'd like to hear the new album, not that I've listened to the previous one all that much.

Is that the Jo who comes here every now and then?

I heard one of the songs from the new album, I can't remember the name of it at the moment. First impressions are good, I might check out the rest of the album. I swear though that the riff was used in another song of theirs.

Seeing all the A Perfect Circle clips last night put me in the mood to listen to them, so I stole Jo's cds today and am giving them a listen now. Had only really heard Mer De Noms and eMotive before, so I am listening to Thirteenth Step now, and am really enjoying it. Much more placid than I expected, but the heavier songs like The Outsider are awesome as well as the softer stuff.

Yeah that was my gripe with them on the last tour for Lateralus.

The actual sound they were producing sounded awesome...but it was the most fucking boring shit I've ever had to sit through...and I've been to 2 Mormon weddings!

I wouldn't see them live again if I had the choice...which I do.

New album sounds like arse.

I caught 'em in 2001 and again a year later. The first show was better 'cause they played more earlier material and the vibe of the place was awesome. I'll definitely catch 'em again as well, the new album is pretty good.

I saw them at Alternative Nation in 1995. Quite enjoyed it. It was Maynard's birthday, so the crowd sang Happy Birthday to him.