Bernard Fanning

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Anyone heard his new solo album yet?
Any thoughts?
I like the single Wish You Well. He did it well on Rove last night.
He is quite talented.

Is anyone here really into Powderfinger at all? I've never really heard them mentioned on this board before.... They have some awesome songs but I don't own any of their albums. I have always fuckin loved Living Type from the Double Allergic album

Powderfinger are quite good, though I do prefer their earlier stuff which was grungier and heavier. I don't know why it took so long for their record company to start supporting them. Double Allergic is a fantasic album. I haven't heard Bernard's solo stuff. Is it any different to Powderfinger, or it is one of those I'll-do-a-solo-album-that-sounds-like-the-band-I'm-in-so-I-don't-confuse-anyone ones?

I've only heard a few tracks on MMM when they were running a special for the release, but they did sound quite different to Powderfinger. Obviously it is going to sound similar because it features the voice of PF, but I dunno.. Sounded a bit mellower. The first single is quite poppy... I like it though

I love "Pick you up". Their latest album is pretty cool, I wouldn't buy it though. I hate My Happiness.

Haven't heard his solo stuff - not too interested either.

What shits me isn't Powderfinger, but how there are so few bands in the mainstream of the music industry in Australia that get support and airplay these days. From the mid-70s to the early-90s between 40 and 60% of the artists that charted regularly in Australia were Australian acts. Now it's down to a handful a year. It can't be because there's fewer bands, because that's not the case.

Powderfinger are a great band. I saw them at the Big Day Out this year and they were really great, they have enough good songs for a strong set. Their latest album and Double Allergic are both really great, and there is great stuff in between too (songs like Passenger and These Days, for example). I never used to be a fan, but I have grown into them a bit I think.

From what I have heard, the solo stuff is a bit softer and poppier, but not really as poppy as the single.

Blitzkrieg said:
Powderfinger are a great band. I saw them at the Big Day Out this year and they were really great, they have enough good songs for a strong set. Their latest album and Double Allergic are both really great, and there is great stuff in between too .

So if I am reading you correctly, you think they are great?

I saw them at the Riverstage in 2003. Awesome show. "Pockets" is one of the great Australian songs of our time.

Gonna buy Bernie's album soonish.

Powderfinger and Benard shit me to tears. Their early stuff was OK but their later stuff is rubbish.

That 'Wish You Well' song is worse than Pete Murrays' 'Better Days', which is pretty damn bad..

yeah dont mind them my self. got the DVd a while ago .........has bloody interviews between songs .....shit did'nt they see Sabbath last supper Dvd