which album?

I'm in no position to recommend anything, cause I've only heard the new one, but I think it's safe to buy Hate Crew Deathroll, it's really good. :)

Ahh the good ol' Opeth fan blanket statements. I have a cetain like for music thats emotional and drawn out and I also have a cetain like for music that is tight, mathematical, and just kicks ass. I am acctually quite liking Hate Crew Deathroll and will be purchasing a couple more albums later this week. I suppose you should be a little more careful before you cover Opeth fans of only concerning themselves with "emotions and shit".

Once again, sorry bout the power metal thing...was misinformed.

§tygian Apothegm said:
first off (without reading any other replies here so im probably repeating this) cob DOES NOT HAVE POWER METAL VOCALS. they are in vein of black metal vocals with some low end yelling.

and since you like opeth you will not like bodom. in my experience, opeth fans are VERY anal about their music being all emotional and all this other bullshit. bodom is out to just create music that kicks ass.

having said that, go with somethingwild.

§tygian Apothegm said:
first off (without reading any other replies here so im probably repeating this) cob DOES NOT HAVE POWER METAL VOCALS. they are in vein of black metal vocals with some low end yelling.

and since you like opeth you will not like bodom. in my experience, opeth fans are VERY anal about their music being all emotional and all this other bullshit. bodom is out to just create music that kicks ass.

having said that, go with somethingwild.
amen

Hatebreeder is definitely the way to go, Reaper is up there...but Hatebreeder is the best album to get started on, it gets you wanting more. (I couldn't possibly imagine listening to Reaper w/o having heard "Silent Night" or "Bed of Razors" first, classics!).

What's wrong with power metal?!!! :confused:

Okay, Iron Maiden is just too gay, even for me, but don't start 'dissin' other good shit like Nitro (with MA Batio :headbang: !!!) and killer Dwarfs.
Not shure if Europe fits in there, though............

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"New music? New music? Pfuh, these bands 're just rippin off Judas Priest!" : Otto "the bus driver-man"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------