which album?

Yicjdic

Dec 8, 2002
Santa Cruz, CA
www.geocities.com
Hello all,

I have yet to hear any CoB albums, but I have heard that they are an extremely talented band and so I must go buy a CD this evening. My current favorite bands are Opeth, Agalloch, In Flames, Moonsorrow...so looking for that type of style. I know the vocals are a little more power metal in CoB, but i am only concerned with the musical composition. Which album would you suggest based on my musical preferences? I read that hatebreeder is common favorite, but i am double checking to see if anyone has any further insights.

Cheers

mehh...everybody says hatebreeder (Incredible Album though). Personally i think FTR tells the most about their style while being accessible at the same time, but eventually get something wild. That's my favorite CD of all time.

I did, as a matter of fact, look at many of the other threads that involved this question. However, I was looking for a more specific suggestion based on my musical preferences that I listed above. It was a moot point anyways, because I got to the CD store and they only had Hate Crew Deathroll. I bought it and I liked it quite a bit, will be getting more soon.

BTW nice signature a physicist no doubt? :headbang:

MagSec4 said:
Hey,
my suggestion is 'Hatebreeder'

This question is the most answered one in these forums.
S E A R C H
..Please!

Hate Crew Deathroll is their "new style". They focused a lot more on strong rhythm playing for this album. It's currently my favorite. At first I didn't like it because I liked the neoclassical lead on Something Wild and Hatebreeder but it grew on me. If you have a smaller record store nearby you can usually get them to order CD's for you. I have yet to hear anyone suggest this yet, but you should buy Tokyo Warhearts. It's their live release. It has a mix of songs from the earlier CD's and they play just as well live as they do in the studio. You definitely want to check that CD out, without a doubt. I recommend it to ANYONE who doesn't have it yet.

@Yicjdic - Go to Rasputins and get Follow the Reaper first. You know you can trust me on this recommendation. :) I'm going to assume you will be going to the Iced Earth COB/Evergrey gig in SF? What about the In Flames gig? I made a list of a shitload of Bay Area shows up to June... if you want it, let me know. A lot of people on one of the egroups I'm in don't know about a lot of the gigs that come here, so I made the list. :D

Squeak-

I wish we had Rasputins down here in Santa Cruz, but alas only a streetlight records which is pretty weak on the black/death metal CDs. I will be going up to berkeley within the week so I will get Follow the Reaper when I am up there.

And yes! please send me the list, I haven't really kept up on the shows for the past couple of months and I would really appriciate a list. I've never really done the PM thing 'round here but if you like you could email the list to blemaux@ucsc.edu.

Much Thanks!

Squeak said:
@Yicjdic - Go to Rasputins and get Follow the Reaper first. You know you can trust me on this recommendation. :) I'm going to assume you will be going to the Iced Earth COB/Evergrey gig in SF? What about the In Flames gig? I made a list of a shitload of Bay Area shows up to June... if you want it, let me know. A lot of people on one of the egroups I'm in don't know about a lot of the gigs that come here, so I made the list. :D

For sure, I saw you at the Opeth Cane's show in San Diego about a year ago, but I never had a chance to say hi...too much good beer and music :) I will defintely be heading up to some shows throughout the next couple of months (after I get your list of course and find out whats going on) so I am sure we can arrange something.

Cheers

Squeak said:
Okay, I'll email the list to you tomorrow since the list is at work... :) Glad I can help! We need to meet up at some point, good idea?