Tool

Tool pwns your face.

Aenima > Lateralus = 10,000 Days > Undertow > Opiate

They weren't phenomenal when they came to Perth. Trust me on this. They were incredibly late getting on stage, Maynard stayed in the back corner throughout the entire set with his back turned to everyone.

It was probably because some asshole was using a flash on a camera up near the front. Maynard will turn his back on the audience if they do that. Further, Maynard often stays in the back so that he's not necessarily the focal point of the band. It helps to make for a more visually entertaining stage show and not the common thing you see with the singer smack in the middle of the front of the stage like every other band. :kickass:

Lateralus is an awesome album, and their other stuff isn't bad either.

Good but overrated there are much better progressive bands out there

They're not progressive. They're basically experimental alternative rock. They might have a metal overtone, so I think you could call them metal, but not progressive.

I think they're pretty damn good. They've never realeased anything bad, but the only album I don't own from them is Opiate. They have their own voice, but I don't love the band. I respect them, but I can't listen to them too much. I would really like to see them live.

TooL started out as a basic hard rock band who started expirimenting. I lost interest after Aenima and have not listened to that album or even Undertow in a good while.

I had no idea Lustmord created the ambient effects on the song "10,000 Days" and remixed Parabola. I might have to listen to 10,000 Days again. The last time I listening to it I didn't like it but that was before I was into ambient music. I still don't like Jambi and The Pot.

Last edited by a moderator: