Toontrack best expansions/midi drum loops etc...

vejichan

Dec 29, 2011
Been on a major Toontrack shopping spree lately.
Got myself these due to some helpful advice from you guys
1)ez drummer
2)metal machine expansion/rock solid expansion/metal! expansion
3)drum riffs midi

what other expansions/midi drum loops is worth buying? or other toontrack stuff?

thanks and happy new year

Superior drummer 2. :lol:

I know that was probably not what you wanted to hear budget wise though so I'll post some other suggestions:

Any of the Dirk midi stuff is cool, especially the first one he did (blast beats and fills I think).

I don't have it but I'm going to pick up the periphery guy's drum midi because I imagine it will be pretty interesting. Not sure how useable it will be though.

Yeah, Superior Drummer is definitely worth it. The cross grade from EZdrummer makes it a little less expensive. I really like the drum kits that comes with it, they sound really good. I've also got The Metal Foundry and it's great sounding, especially for metal.

When it comes to EZ, as mentioned the Dirk midis are pretty cool. Otherwise, for pretty good drum midis, check out SlamTracks, a little less djenty, but instead more metal and for a nice price.

I just got the death/thrash Dirk midi pack. It's pretty good, but it's basically only 3 drum beats played at various tempos and some fills. I feel a little ripped off, tbh. The blast beat one seems like a better value.

Superior kicks are very overused and not really good for metal, somewhat same for the snares, the toms are good tho! And of course, the cymbals and lush room sound.

Plus, if you got superior you could "X-drum" everything, so inside the superior GUI, you could bring in some of the toms and snares from metal machine, some of the kicks and unique more metally cymbals from Metal!, and use the superior mixer .....