Drum replacement: Best way to go about it?

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
I've replaced many customer's drum mixes with drumagog and Battery etc, but with my band's stuff I'm using Metal Foundry and other Toontrack stuff.

Now, DFHS is CPU heavy as it is, let alone having to run another midi track through Battery as well just for the kick.

I only want to replace the kick, btw. The rest is just how I want it (just never really been quite 100% satisfied with Toontrack kicks). Is there a simpler way to replace the kicks without having to run another channel for another RAM raper?

I've replaced many customer's drum mixes with drumagog and Battery etc, but with my band's stuff I'm using Metal Foundry and other Toontrack stuff.

Now, DFHS is CPU heavy as it is, let alone having to run another midi track through Battery as well just for the kick.

I only want to replace the kick, btw. The rest is just how I want it (just never really been quite 100% satisfied with Toontrack kicks). Is there a simpler way to replace the kicks without having to run another channel for another RAM raper?

Set SD to multi outs, and place drumagog or apptrigga on the kick channel.

i use massey Dtm on kick and snare and trigger aptrigga with that.
Awesome.
ps always render it.