top 10 albums of the 80s?

That's close to impossible to pick a top 10...But I'll try (no more than 1 album per band). I'll do a "metal" top 10 and a "hard rock" top ten:

In no order:

80s METAL Top 10:

DIO-holy diver
BLACK SABBATH-heaven & hell
SWORD-metalized
ACCEPT-restless and wild
JUDAS PRIEST-screaming for vengeance
TORCH-s/t (also named Warlock)
SAVAGE-loose'n'lethal
METALLICA-ride the lightning
SAVATAGE-power of the night
METAL CHURCH-s/t

80s HARD ROCK Top 10:

UFO-the wild, the willing & the innocent
VANDENBERG-s/t
THE MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP-assault attack
SCORPIONS-black out
Y & T-mean streak
EUROPE-s/t
ALCATRAZZ-no parole from rock'n'roll
BLACKFOOT-siogo
ICON-s/t
FIFTH ANGEL-time will tell

Nice pick, but if I had to pick one Baron Rojo album, that would be Metalmorfosis.

I'll also go for "Volumen Brutal", incredible ass-kicking 80's metal. Among the many albums I couldn't put in my first post.

Great calls.

"Fifth Angel has announced the band is back together and working toward putting out a new album! A number of songs have already been demoed...."

Yes, I read these news great news about Fifth Angel too. Can't wait to hear the new songs. Hopefully, Ted Pilot's voice will still rule. I'm not too sure if he sang a lot during the last 20 years as a dentist. Maybe a song or two to the ones who were waiting to get an anesthesia before a dental treatment...:lol:

I saw one person actually reference W.A.S.P. See, I knew I wasn't the only fan. :lol: My Top-few, in no order:

Iron Maiden- Killers
Iron Maiden- Number of the Beast
Judas Priest- Defenders of the Faith
W.A.S.P.- W.A.S.P.
Death- Scream Bloody Gore
Death- Spiritual Healing
Carcass- Symphonies of Sickness
Impetigo- Ultimo Mondo Cannible (sp.)
Running Wild- Under Jolly Roger
Helloween- Walls of Jericho
Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys, Pt 1
Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys, Pt 2
Dio- Last In Line
Dio- Holy Diver
Possessed- Seven Churches
Obituary- Slowly We Rot
Exciter- Unveiling the Wicked
Kreator- Extreme Aggression
Metal Church- Metal Church
Metallica- Ride The Lightning
Motley Crue- Shout at the Devil
Raven- Stay Hard
Sodom- Agent Orange
Repulsion- Horrified
EDIT: Alice Cooper- Poison
Warlock- Triumph & Agony

I know that's way more than ten, but the 80s was prime time for metal. I know there's so many more that I'm blanking on. Oh, well.

I like these ones quite s bit from your list. You're right, the 80s were great as far as metal goes.

Iron Maiden- Killers
Iron Maiden- Number of the Beast
Judas Priest- Defenders of the Faith
W.A.S.P.- W.A.S.P.
Running Wild- Under Jolly Roger
Helloween- Walls of Jericho
Dio- Last In Line
Dio- Holy Diver
Exciter- Unveiling the Wicked
Metal Church- Metal Church
Metallica- Ride The Lightning
Motley Crue- Shout at the Devil
Raven- Stay Hard

Nice pick, but if I had to pick one Baron Rojo album, that would be Metalmorfosis.

"Metalmorfosis" is overwhelming too and it contains the best Barón Rojo song and the best power ballad in spanish: "Siempre estáis allí" but "Volume brutal" es the epitome of spanish hard and heavy. The album that almost broke in Europe and it´s more than a "regular" album.

I don´t know if you and wyvern know that the original Barón Rojo line up played after 20 years a gig in Spain one month ago. Just songs from their first 4 albums, the whole "Volumen brutal" (except "Dame la oportunidad") and almost the whote "Metalmorfosis". It was :headbang:

"Metalmorfosis" is overwhelming too and it contains the best Barón Rojo song and the best power ballad in spanish: "Siempre estáis allí" but "Volume brutal" es the epitome of spanish hard and heavy. The album that almost broke in Europe and it´s more than a "regular" album.

I don´t know if you and wyvern know that the original Barón Rojo line up played after 20 years a gig in Spain one month ago. Just songs from their first 4 albums, the whole "Volumen brutal" (except "Dame la oportunidad") and almost the whote "Metalmorfosis". It was :headbang:

Yeah I read about the reunion and was pretty surprised because some months ago Sherpa was interviewed and he showed no desire for either a reunion or look back into the past. Still seeing them altogether in a pic was pretty cool. I suppose that like everybody I'm praying for a new album but at the same time I do recall that same original line-up lost their essence after "Tierra De Nadie".

As for the concert I would have kept 'Dame La Oportunidad' and cut some others I don't like. Do they played 'Caso Perdido' and/or 'Hijos De Caín'? (those joint to 'Son Como Hormigas', 'Resistiré' and 'Larga Vida Al Rock'N'Roll', would made any BR concert for me :worship:)

Yeah I read about the reunion and was pretty surprised because some months ago Sherpa was interviewed and he showed no desire for either a reunion or look back into the past. Still seeing them altogether in a pic was pretty cool. I suppose that like everybody I'm praying for a new album but at the same time I do recall that same original line-up lost their essence after "Tierra De Nadie".

As for the concert I would have kept 'Dame La Oportunidad' and cut some others I don't like. Do they played 'Caso Perdido' and/or 'Hijos De Caín'? (those joint to 'Son Como Hormigas', 'Resistiré' and 'Larga Vida Al Rock'N'Roll', would made any BR concert for me :worship:)

Yeah, last years have been a kind of "soap opera" between De Castro brothers and Sherpa (Hermes usually doesn´t talk). When Sherpa came back to hard & heavy, brothers started BR gigs with "Desertores del rock" :lol: and they talked shit every now and then.

It was a surprise that gig ´cause in the past they had better offers for playing a spanish tour but I guess the musical chemistry is still alive and that´s amazing.

About the set list, 26 songs (almost 2h30minutes) and they had to drop some songs like "Casi me mato" or "el pobre"). No order but set list was:

Con Botas Sucias
Efluvios
Larga vida al rnr
Barón Rojo
Incomunicación
Los rockeros van al infierno
Son como hormigas
Las flores del mal
Resistiré
Volumen brutal
Concierto para ellos
Hermano del rock
El barón vuela sobre Inglaterra
Rockero indomable
Tierra de vándalos
Siempre estás allí
El malo
Se escapa el tiempo
Herencia letal
Campo de concentración
Buenos aires
Breakthoven
Cuerdas de acero
Caso perdido
Hijos de Caín
Tierra de nadie

No order but set list was:

Larga vida al rnr
Son como hormigas
Resistiré
Caso perdido
Hijos de Caín
Tierra de nadie

Enough to make me shit my pants :worship:notworthy:worship:

I would have killed to see that concert :cry:, it would have been my Somewhere in Time of Baron Rojo :headbang:

only 10...hard and depending on the day and wich records drop in my mind at this moment...

Queensryche - QotR EP
Savage Grace - The Dominatress EP
Warlord - And the canons ...
Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance
Culprit - Guilty as Charged
Vixen - Made in Hawaii EP
Black Sabbath - H&H
Manowar - Battle Hymns
Helstar - Remnants of war
Mercyful Fate - Nuns have no fun EP

I guess I was in an EP mood today :)

Yeah, last years have been a kind of "soap opera" between De Castro brothers and Sherpa (Hermes usually doesn´t talk). When Sherpa came back to hard & heavy, brothers started BR gigs with "Desertores del rock" :lol: and they talked shit every now and then.

It was a surprise that gig ´cause in the past they had better offers for playing a spanish tour but I guess the musical chemistry is still alive and that´s amazing.

About the set list, 26 songs (almost 2h30minutes) and they had to drop some songs like "Casi me mato" or "el pobre"). No order but set list was:

Con Botas Sucias
Efluvios
Larga vida al rnr
Barón Rojo
Incomunicación
Son como hormigas
Las flores del mal
Resistiré
Volumen brutal
Concierto para ellos
Hermano del rock
El barón vuela sobre Inglaterra
Rockero indomable
Tierra de vándalos
Siempre estás allí
El malo
Se escapa el tiempo
Herencia letal
Campo de concentración
Buenos aires
Breakthoven
Cuerdas de acero
Caso perdido
Hijos de Caín
Tierra de nadie

Great setlist!! Would have loved to see this. Any chance it was filmed to be released on a DVD?

How were the performances? Do the guys still "have it"?