top 10 albums of the 80s?

Great setlist!! Would have loved to see this. Any chance it was filmed to be released on a DVD?

How were the performances? Do the guys still "have it"?

Unfortunately it wasn´t filmed. Conditions weren´t the best. It would have been better just a Barón Rojo gig at Madrid Bullring or Sports Arena, not at that Festival.

A lot of people opted for not going ´cause: 1) they became skeptics after years of shit talking and 2) Metalway Festival was celebrated the same weekend than Kobetasonik (300 km), also in Spain with Motley Crue, Dream Theater,...

Besides, weather was awful. Not only a windy day but a gale, almost a hurricane). Festival had risk of cancellation because of that. It was 15ºc but the sensation was 5ºc. We´re talking about summer in spain and people weren´t aware (just t-shirts).

Barón Rojo started at 2:15 am and a lot of people couldn´t stand the whole gig because of cold.

However, performances were brilliant. I had seen Sherpa with his band previously and his voice had almost disappeared. But it seems he have trained a lot last months and he did it OK. In the end, he had a little problems but overall it was fantastic.

Brothers De Castro and Sherpa aren´t the best of friends but on stage the still "have it", there was chemistry in the air.

They ended a little disappointed with the response (they expected much more people) but it wasn´t the best enviroment. I guess and hope that there will be more Barón Rojo shows with the classic line up and if that happens, I´m sure in Madrid there will film a DVD

Damn pity even is Metalway was on too. I mean how many young people or people like me (from hellhole) will have a chance to see Baron Rojo original line-up playing again? I would have traded Metalway for that gig even with the terrible conditions you described.

Thanks to this thread I'm now really enjoying Sword "metalized". Once upon a time it slipped through the cracks but now I can't stop listening to it.

Trying to be honest (ive come back to edit!) and remember 10 favs that kicked my ass in the 80's albums that may or may not have been mentioned by others
WASP - Inside the Electric Circus
Accept - Metal Heart
Saxon - Denim & Leather
Warlock - Triumph & Agony
Slayer - Haunting the Chapel or if preferred a full album Show No Mercy
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Warrior - Fighting for the Earth
Motorhead - Orgasmatron
Venom - Welcome to Hell

I've not mentioned any death/black or grind or crossover to try to keep it pure metal

hmmm.... this is hard

peace sells...but who's buying - megadeth
power slave - iron maiden
number of the beast - iron maiden
killers - iron maiden
rising force - yngwie malmsteen
leprosy - death
kreator - extreme aggression
testament - practice what you preach
the years of decay - overkill
ride the lightning - metallica

Thanks to this thread I'm now really enjoying Sword "metalized".

I was listening to it yesterday on my car. Definitively a good album but not among the best of 1980 (for a top ten).

I've not mentioned any death/black or grind or crossover to try to keep it pure metal

Why not? Do it. This is a poll to see every person point of view/taste, follow your instincts if you pleased ;).

And for the record under METAL I accept as valid: classic, NWOBHM, power, doom, thrash, progressive, speed, death, black, symphonic, melodic death, etc. (so much tagging today :loco:) and even some crossover like Suicidal Tendencies or Hirax, as well as old grindcore (Napalm Death, Carcass) or old hardcore (D.R.I., S.O.D.). I'm reluctant to accept what is called today nu-metal, mallcore or metalcore.

Why not? Do it. This is a poll to see every person point of view/taste, follow your instincts if you pleased ;).

And for the record under METAL I accept as valid: classic, NWOBHM, power, doom, thrash, progressive, speed, death, black, symphonic, melodic death, etc. (so much tagging today :loco:) and even some crossover like Suicidal Tendencies or Hirax, as well as old grindcore (Napalm Death, Carcass) or old hardcore (D.R.I., S.O.D.). I'm reluctant to accept what is called today nu-metal, mallcore or metalcore.

Cheers, Maybe I'll give it some more thought, no time now unfortunately...

What about posting the ten best EP's from the 80s, too?
Or is there a thread like that already?

No there's not. I'm not into EPs but go ahead and start one, let's see how's here compared to WB :D

Ok I keep comin back to look at this thread but tbh I can barely think of 10 80s bands that I really care about so I'll have to do some doubling up. (as far as metal goes I'm into modern/90s death/black/doom and then classics like Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin but, although I own classics like Pleasure to Kill or Peace Sells, I could really care less about most of the rockin' 80s metal)

Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Testament - The New Order
Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness

And now some doubles I guess to make it 10...:
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Bathory - Bathory
Metallica - Kill 'Em All

There's some albums that I like most.
It`s realy hard to say top ten when you know about 100 realy good album.

Loudness-Thunder in the East
Wasp-S/T
Judas priest-Defenders of faith
Iron Maiden- Live after Death
Accept-Metal Heart
sisters of mercy-First and Last and Always
Black Sabbath - H&H
Savatage-hall of the mountain king
Crimson glory-Transcendence

Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Slayer - South of Heaven
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Sodom - Agent Orange
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Death - Leprosy
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?

Mercyful Fate - Melissa
Running Wild - Gates to Purgatory
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Overkill - Feel the Fire
Satan - Court in the Act
Infernal Majesty - None Shall Defy
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse

1. Metallica - Master of Puppets
2. Iron Maiden - Powerslave