Best hair metal albums of the 80s

Best hair metal albums of the '80s

• Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil (1983)

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • WASP - WASP (1984)

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Twisted Sister - STay Hungry (1984)

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Quiet Riot - Metal Health (1983)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warrant - Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin' Rich (1988)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Cinderella - Night Songs (1987)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Alice Cooper - Trash (1989)

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Def Leppard - Hysteria (1987)

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In (1986)

• Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet (1986)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Dokken - Back For The Attack (1987)

• Ratt - Out Of The Cellar (1984)

• Lizzy Borden - Love You To Pieces (1985)

• Van Halen - 1984 (1983)

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood (1989)

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Whitesnake - Whitesnake (1987)

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Skid Row - Skid Row (1989)

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction (1987)

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Bullet Boys - Bullet Boys (1988)

• Faster Pussycat - Wake Me When It's Over (1989)

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by The Trooper
I want a DVD player coz I want that DVD! And Alice Cooper's DVDs and the Motley Crue live one hehe.

Have Both Of Them , Also Have Dokken - Live , And A Bonfire DVD,
And I'm Waiting On Two Def Leppard DVDs - Also Have Death - Live In LA DVD - Wasp - Live Very Awesome - But One Of The Best
DVDs In Have Is Queensryche - Operation:Livecrime.

Some Others I Have - Are Sammy Hagar , Scorpions. Iron Maiden,
Journey - Very Awesome DVD, Fates Warning , Stratovarius, Nightwish, Rhapsody, Hammerfall, Metalium, You Can't Beat DVD
For Metal.

My my lookie who I found! Guess who Troops? :D
Hmmm trust you to make it so damn hard to choose!!
But Id have to sayyyy *ponders* W.A.S.P, Twisted Sister & Alice Cooper (in no particular order)

Shout At The Devil is so damn good :headbang: :worship: :heh:

Too Young Too Fall In Love, Knock Em Dead Kid, Ten Seconds To Love.... 3 absolutely classic riffs in a row there! Then Danger... what a song! The end of the album is my fave part :devil:

Shout At The Devil...what a killer album!
Too Fast For Love another classic.......
hang on all Motley Crue rocks...even self titled with John Carobi....hmmmmm John niiiice!
I loved The Scream as well. Mother Fathe Son what an awesome song their self titled album was awesome.

Yeah I'm yet to hear some bad Motley Crue really, althuogh I haven't heard anything from about '91 onwards.

My 2 favourites are Shout At The Devil then Dr. Feelgood.

So many great songs on that! :headbang:

Dr. Feelgood, Kickstart My Heart, Same Ol' Situation, Without You, Rattlesnake Shake, Don't Go Away Mad...

Great album :)

Wow .. There're many good albums, but I guess I would say TWISTED SISTER was one of the best !!! Actually, they have always been one of my fave bands!:loco:
I think you missed to add people like "Lillian Axe" to that list!!.. Just a suggestion ... I think they are pretty good to be in a list like that !:devil:
Cheers! and Keep on Rockin'!!

"Shout at the Devil" rocks harder than anything did Crue did before or since. There's not a bad song on it. Even "Helter Skelter" has killer attitude!

It's always tough to choose between Def Leppard's "Hysteria" and Pyromania". The albums are so different, yet they each are amazing.

"Whitesnake" is killer. Jon Sykes guitar playing was awesome. Great tone and attitude with chops to burn. David Coverdale does have one of the great voices in rock.

"Appetite For Destruction" combined metal and sleaze with some punk attitude and a southern rock twang. Again, another disc with great attitude. The only song that I don't like is "Sweet Child...", only because it has been played to death. Otherwise, a great album. Too bad they couldn't keep it up.

Originally posted by The Metal Master
"Shout at the Devil" rocks harder than anything did Crue did before or since. There's not a bad song on it. Even "Helter Skelter" has killer attitude!

It's always tough to choose between Def Leppard's "Hysteria" and Pyromania". The albums are so different, yet they each are amazing.

"Whitesnake" is killer. Jon Sykes guitar playing was awesome. Great tone and attitude with chops to burn. David Coverdale does have one of the great voices in rock.

"Appetite For Destruction" combined metal and sleaze with some punk attitude and a southern rock twang. Again, another disc with great attitude. The only song that I don't like is "Sweet Child...", only because it has been played to death. Otherwise, a great album. Too bad they couldn't keep it up.

I have to agree with ALL of that (except I like Swet Child hehe), especially the Pyromania/Hysteria bit... I can never choose which I like better, they're so different but both so good!

Originally posted by Hey_Romeo02
Wow .. There're many good albums, but I guess I would say TWISTED SISTER was one of the best !!! Actually, they have always been one of my fave bands!:loco:

I think you missed to add people like "Lillian Axe" to that list!!.. Just a suggestion ... I think they are pretty good to be in a list

Twisted Sister - Yes How Awesome Are Thay, Just Got A Live Twisted Sister Video From The Stay Hungry Tour , Watching It, Thinking I Forgot How Great Thay Are.
And Lillian Axe - LOVE:WAR, Awesome C.D. - Show A Little Love - What A Song

Originally posted by The Trooper

I have to agree with ALL of that (except I like Swet Child hehe), especially the Pyromania/Hysteria bit... I can never choose which I like better, they're so different but both so good!

Was Watching A Video With My Girlfriend , And Sore A Preview
For Up And Come Movie Release Called - Hysteria - The Def Leppard Story.

It All About Def Leppards Rise To Fame , From When Thay Started
Up To Hysteria , The Movie Looks Great, So Keep An Eye Out For It.

Def Leppard's Song Promies Awesome Song , Not An 80s Song
But Awesome.

Originally posted by The Metal Master

1987 - Is Up There As One Of The Greatest Hard Rock C.D. Ever In My Book.

Sykes, BLUE MURDER - Was An Awesome Band Two.