3: Cradle of Filth
4: Cannibal Corpse
5: Burzum
6: Dimmu Borgir
7: Children of Bodom
8: The Misfits
9: The 69 Eyes
10: Slayer

lol, you're gonna get the shit ripped out of you, apart from Burzum, Slayer and possibly Metallica... HIM... SERIOUSLY?

I could've sworn we had a thread like this recently, but whatever - I'm in a list-making mood.

1. Metallica
2. Black Sabbath
3. Judas Priest
4. Iron Maiden
5. Bathory
6. Ministry
7. Slayer
8. Rainbow
9. Megadeth
10. Morbid Angel

GO!

1: Metallica
2: HIM
3: Cradle of Filth
4: Cannibal Corpse
5: Burzum
6: Dimmu Borgir
7: Children of Bodom
8: The Misfits
9: The 69 Eyes
10: Slayer

well... about half of those are good. the other half :erk:

well... about half of those are good. the other half :erk:

Nothing wrong with being a bit diverse when it comes to music. HIM is actually really good, it's just that they have the most annoying fans ever. Mainly the 15 year old girls.

Other than that they're pretty tongue-in-cheek kind of band with black humour in their lyrics.

I'm astounded that anyone could think that Metallica is the top metal band of all time.

1. Henri Matisse
2. Leonardo da Vinci
3. Claude Monet
4. Pablo Picasso
5. Henri Rousseau
6. Vincent Van Gogh
7. Andy Warhol
8. Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
9. Pierre-Auguste Renoir
10. Salvador Dali

i disagree with it but i hardly find it 'astounding', they wrote an absolute fuckload of memorable songs

Thank you.

That should have been obvious enough to most people, but I guess there's always someone who will surprise you.

I know few people here would agree with the choice, but to me Ride the Lightning comes incredibly close to being the ideal heavy metal album.

Not HIM. for sure. thats wankery. but maybe... idk. add in a little more diversity. heavy metal and death arent the only styles you know...

I know few people here would agree with the choice, but to me Ride the Lightning comes incredibly close to being the ideal heavy metal album.

again, wouldn't go that far but it's pretty outstanding. 'trapped under ice' has a slightly flat verse, and 'escape' is notoriously commercial although i think it's pretty fun anyway. other than that it's gold, they even manage to make an emo ballad rule.

Okay, I'll revise my comment:

To me the first four songs of Ride the Lightning + "Creeping Death" come incredibly close to being the ideal heavy metal 'album'.

Better? :)