Top 10 Metal-Festivals

Wacken,, Ragnarok wouldve been the best. if it hadnt been cancelled. oh and Heathen crusade- the only good metal festival in USA. wish i could go to it.

yesterday night a friend told me the ragnarok will actually be in london this year? or perhaps a very similar setlist.. is this true? i'd almost prefer that considering how cheaper the eurostar train from paris to london is..

After watching the Wrath videos.... I'm thinking I need to go to Europe to see a "full glory" AA show. Yeah, I know those ones were special shows, but do you see them doing one like that in Kansas?

METALCAMP!
My favourite Amon Amarth performance to date! People were so into it. They also had a large Amon Amarth flag!

IMG_3853_gr.jpg

I've only been to one metal festival and that's Metalcamp. I think Metalcamp is really unique for it's location, because I don't think you'll find any other festival being organised in a such beautiful environment. You should all try to come next year as you don't have anything lose (Amon Amarth is playing for one thing \m/ )

I have tried: GMM, FuryFest(now Hellfest), Metalmania, Metalway ( those last two were an hour and a half away from my home)...thinking about one Wacken,one Inferno, but so far these are too far away(only buses go from here and it´s 25 h) or too expensive(hell of norwegian prices)...best one in terms of environment was GMM and in terms of billing was Furyfest..however, in terms of fun, nothing beats spanish festival, because alcohol and food is really cheap and people (normally) is more friendly ( however, bands are never like in european festivals although i have seen few good ones there)...

But i must confess that i prefer regular gigs at venues, i have chronical back pain so at the second day in any festival i´m kind of agonizing unless very drunk,venues let me to be rested before and to rest after, so..extending the question, which venues you have visited think are worth going to??? i really like to attend gigs everywhere i go, and have visited a few yet, however, the best ones dont necessarily to be the best known..so..if any of you knows a great venue,please,tell me...

Wacken,
Summer Breeze,
Ragnarök,
Party San,
With Full Force (but i don't like al these Hardcore/emocore bands there)
Metalcamp

i've only gone to the Fury fest in France in terms of metal festivals.. that was the summer before the last one... the setlist was honestly the best of all metal festivals at the time.. last summer it sucked (now called Hellfest).

oh and the one in slovenia.. is it metalcamp? anyway that one looks awsome.. very cool landscape and beaches... yet i hope no drunken metalheads throw any beer bottles into the sea or something.