Any announcements prior to Year End?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Hey guys,
Any chance of some form of an announcement prior to year end?
I know it takes a lot of work to put on the fest, and we all certainly appreciate it.

Chicago Powerfest is one of the first metal fests of 2007 and there has been nothing yet announced. Most of the fests that follow (IE - Prog Power, Gods of Metal, Wacken, etc have made some announcements already).

Just thought I would light the fire under your asses a bit!!! :p

hopefully they are waiting from a reply from Freedom Call or Elvenking and that is the hold up.

:lol: Ummmm....yeah......
Considering they want to take the "power metal" out of Powerfest, I don't think they are going to book a band who has an album entitled "STAIRWAY TO FAIRYLAND", you fairy!

I still love the "take the power" out of "Powerfest".

Sorry that Freedom Call are too cool for you, like always you will jump on that bandwagon in a year or so like Rhapsody, Power Quest, and many others.

I just hope Powerfest isnt filled with filler bands or anything like Classic Metal fest years back.

Yes...you will have an announcement prior to year end. Let's just say that there's obviously been an announcement drought from our end...but when it rains, it pours. ;)

We at least plan on announcing the set fest dates by next week, with the first 2 confirmed bands shortly thereafter.

Sorry for the delay, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait. :cool:

Well to help you get started, the "E" key is the 4th key on the keyboard, second row, the "L" key is the 10 key on the third row, , the "V" key is the 4th key on the 4th row down...I think that should help you write ELVENKING !!!!!!!!:worship: :worship: :worship:

Sorry that Freedom Call are too cool for you, like always you will jump on that bandwagon in a year or so like Rhapsody, Power Quest, and many others.

There is a bandwagon for Powerquest?
You must live on a very private street I guess!!! :lol:

I never dissed Freedom Call. Just stating the obvious reality that a band like Freedom Call, esp being from Europe, will not be playing the fest.

There is a bandwagon for Powerquest?
You must live on a very private street I guess!!! :lol:

I never dissed Freedom Call. Just stating the obvious reality that a band like Freedom Call, esp being from Europe, will not be playing the fest.

didnt realize you were now booking the Fest....look what happens, I dont see you for a few months and now you are booking fest.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :loco: :loco: :loco:

didnt realize you were now booking the Fest....look what happens, I dont see you for a few months and now you are booking fest.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :loco: :loco: :loco:

It's called "reading comprehension"
It has been stated that the promoters want to shake the tag of the fest being known as a "power metal" fest.
(Though I don't know what was expected, having Lefay and Nocturnal Rites as headliners, and having "Power" in the name)
But regardless, Rob and Chris have made that quite clear.

I am not pooping on your recommendations. Just stating that at this point they are unrealistic.

Yes...you will have an announcement prior to year end. Let's just say that there's obviously been an announcement drought from our end...but when it rains, it pours. ;)

We at least plan on announcing the set fest dates by next week, with the first 2 confirmed bands shortly thereafter.

Sorry for the delay, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait. :cool:

Thank you thank you thank you!

There has been a slight change to the timing of the announcement...

There is still a possibility that the announcement will come by the end of next week...although, instead of just 2 bands, our goal is to announce 3-5 bands...with a drop-dead deadline of 12/19 for the announcement.

It'll be worth the extra few days wait...won't it? ;)

Nocturnal Rites were incredible live..but dont want the same bands coming back!!!!

You know who would be a great fit for the fest.....ELVENKING!!!!!

you would have best of both big US Fest all in one band..the ProgPower people for the power metal aspect of Elvenking....and the Heathen Crusdae crowd for teh folk aspect of the band. You wuold get double the turn out...who looses there?????

I think that they would be a great fit and the buzz around the globe would be insane!!!!

just puting my 2 cents in there and waiting to see the announcement for them playing the fest!!!