Top 10 WORST Albums of 2006

EvilVince

Satan Christ
Dec 16, 2001
Morristown, Arizona
myspace.com
Albums I either hated at first listen, or listened to once or twice but just couldn't get into. Here goes -

1. Incantation - Primordial Domination

It amazes me how they've released the same exact album for the last ten years. The same album that sucks.

2. Goatwhore - A Haunting Curse

Goatwhore kind of sucks. I just can't stand the slow parts.

3. Grave - As Rapture Comes

Sounds like shit. I miss the original singer.

4. Cradle Of Filth - Thornography

Extremely mediocre. Plus "Temptation" has to be the gayest song of 2006.

5. Suffocation - Suffocation

One of my favorite bands. Terrible production. The drum sound is like the most annoying thing I've ever heard. It sounds like a typewriter or someone pounding their fist on a table. Cannot get into the whole album because of this.

6. Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

BORING. God, SO BORING! I understand that Iron Maiden is in their 50s now, but it seems like they're only making music to please themselves.

7. Borknagar - Origin

SO BORING! Listened to 7 times in a row and couldn't find one thing good about it. Was really looking forward to this album too.

8. Slayer - Christ Illusion

Waited 5 years for this? I'm not saying it's a bad album, but it could have been better. Haven't listened to it since it came out in July.

9. Terrorizer - Darker Days Ahead

Made through about half of this album and shelved it. Musn't have been very good.

10. The Haunted - The Dead Eye

I fucking hate The Haunted. They belong in the same group with all those Headbanger's Ball nu-metal bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, and As I Lay Dying. I just was really into them when they first came out. After "Revolver" I swore I'd never buy another Haunted album, but then Century Media came out with the special edition Bloodpack version with the free t-shirt, and I had to get it. Too bad I like playing with my bloodpack more than listening to the album.

-Vince

N.P. Malevolent Creation - Kill Zone

now i want to go out and buy all those records since you didnt mention exactly what made them the worst (save 2 or 3). so, they suck, are gay, or boring....mmmhhhh gotta have them!!!

Sammy Duet left and broke up Acid Bath to create Goatwhore for that was more of his style to create harsh music 100% of the time. After the bass player was killed that also had to do with the breakup, Dax Riggs and the other guitarist Mike was more into slower, trippy metal. Together they created Acid Bath and that's what made them cool. Dax's Agents of Oblivion was a half asked version of slower Acid Bath material. Sammy's new band Goatwhore was past Acid Bath's aggressive material and went even harsher to a black metal sound. The first album was repetitive and boring and really has not accomplished anything. I'm sure the new album isn't very good and wouldn't be interested. To me I wish Acid Bath never broke up, they were too awesome to only be together for a few years and only 2 albums.

I like most of the new Maiden album, Better than the last, but Brave New World was the best (after bruce's return)

Origin is kind of boring, I was expecting something darker and more atmospheric

I still think the new My Dying Bride sucks ass, what a disappointment

5. Suffocation - Suffocation

One of my favorite bands. Terrible production. The drum sound is like the most annoying thing I've ever heard. It sounds like a typewriter or someone pounding their fist on a table. Cannot get into the whole album because of this.

-Vince

N.P. Malevolent Creation - Kill Zone
:erk:
Oh my! I thought suffocation -s/t is one of the best album of 2006 and definitely the best of their releases ever!

this album is so fucking tight and I love the production too, less polished sound compare to Soul to deny.

no offend but I really think Suffocation-s/t no where near to top 10 worst of 2006 :erk:

you forgot Brave New World. it was brilliant! my 2nd favourite Maiden album after Piece Of Mind.
The 2 albums after Bruce's return are vastly, insanely overrated, the only improvement is the vocals really, but musically it's pretty much just as boring as the Blaze albums. And to rate those albums as good as or even better than the classics from the 80's is just beyond me.

A Matter Of Life And Death isn't totally brilliant or anything, but it's enjoyable and I can pretty easily sit through it without being bored.