• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Randy Rhoads
Brain May
Adrian Smith
Vinnie Vincent
Jeff Lomis
Glenn Tipton

Ace Frehley (for his melodies and influence), VINNIE VINCENT, Glenn Tipton, Phil Collen, Adrian Smith, Randy Rhoads.

I will be shocked if anybody votes for Kerry King... haha.

SRV
Brian May

and the guitarist who could've become the greatest... Randy Rhoads (inspired me to put on this song)

I did, just because he doesnt solo like Petrucci doesnt make him a bad guitarist.

Troops, its amusing you pick Ace Frehley for his influence, then say Kerry King is awful...

well can you really put Kerry King down for "melodies and influence?"

"HE'S MY INFLUENCE BECAUSE HE IS REALLY FAST LIKE MANY GUITARISTS, AND I WANT MY SOLOS TO SOUND BAD"

I'm not saying Slayer, I'm saying Kerry King wouldn't have much of an influence on guitarists... unless they want crappy solos.

Either way he's not as good at rhythm as Dave Mustaine, so I wouldn't put him as my influence for rhythm, especially when Jeff Hanneman outshines him in all areas of guitar.

Yep. His lovely random note/noise solos aren't good, plain and simple. His rhythm is great, and his riffs also are, well were, but as an overall guitarist King is not King at all.

Spawny: Because Ace Frehley might not be technically a wiz on guitar (obviously not!) but he writes awesome solos. You listen to any classic Kiss album and find yourself singing along to every solo and didn't even know you knew some of them so well. They are extremely catchy.

Kerry King on the other hand plays solos that are totally stripped of melody. He randomly slides his finger up strings and then does a whammy dive. I guess I must just be weird to think a guitarist should play actual notes... :lol:

To even compare Kerry and Ace is ridiculous because Ace is about 10000x better than him. Even technically, Ace is probably better... but as far as melodies, catchiness, writing solos, and general influence as a guitarist, Ace absolutely kills him.

And besides, I haven't even voted for Petrucci because I hate him! He's very talented but I hate his style and sound.

Ace Frehley can barely stand up, let alone play guitar! You didnt vote for Petrucci?

Neil Diamond/

Good lord!

/Neil Diamond

Nutter! :)

He can still play guitar a hell of a lot better than Kerry King. And anyway the poll isn't for how they play NOW anyway. If so then Randy Rhoads wouldn't get many votes would he!

Kerry couldn't write a solo as good as anything Ace did in the '70s if his life depended on it.