Top 21 of the century so far

Aug 14, 2008
Metalsucks.net polled a bunch of losers and know nothings who I don't give a fuck about like Mike Gitter from Roadrunner (I think if one of your biggest credits in life is being responsible for Ill Nino, you don't have a lot to be proud of) and Chris Adler from Lamb Of God for their top albums of the 21st century and then made a list of those lists based on the average votes and such. Here's the link to the the list so far (it gets updated every day):

http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/06/22/11-deftones-white-pony/

In response I'm gonna compile my own list out of boredom and frustration. What would yous guyses lists be?

EDIT: there is at least one person in this list who voted who is not a loser/know nothing because he is a good friend of mine haha oh well.

Daaaamn is this list utter shit! Seriously. Daaaaaaamn.

I'm composing my list of 21 in my head. I will hold forth shortly.

i have no idea in what order these should be in, and one or two might be questionable - and some i might consider swapping out for another band's release during this decade, buuuuttt..

(also, for clarification, i'm starting at year 2000 which technically isn't right.)

green carnation - light of day, day of darkness
soilwork - chainheart machine
blind guardian - a night at the opera
therion - lemuria / sirius b
disillusion - back to times of splendor
finntroll - jaktens tid
amorphis - eclipse
kalmah - swamplord
edge of sanity - crimson ii
bal-sagoth - battle magic
solefald - red for fire
skyfire - timeless departure
sonata arctica - reckoning night
haggard - eppur si muove
lost horizon - a flame to the ground beneath
dark tranquillity - haven
fall of the leafe - vantage
rammstein - mutter
erik norlander - music machine
amon amarth - with oden by our side
children of bodom - follow the reaper

watch someone say something i've totally forgotten and then i will be ashamed for putting something much more hoke-tastic in its place.

ps: between the buried and me's "colors" gets strong consideration but no nod - i think it belongs in metalcore rather than metal. also horse the band's r borlax.

Here's mine:

21: Mastodon Leviathan
20: Dissection - Reinkaos
19: Deathspell Omega - Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum
18: Edge Of Sanity - Crimson II
17: Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
16: Rotting Christ - Sanctus Diavolos
15: King Diamond - The Puppet Master
14: Wintersun - Wintersun
13: Cynic - Traced In Air
12: Dark Tranquillity - Character
11: Into Eternity - Buried In Oblivion
10: Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape
9: Symphony X - Paradise Lost
8: Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing (metalcore, but this is THE metalcore album)
7: Nevermore - This Godless Endavor
6: Symphony X - The Odyssey
5: Nevermore - Enemies Of Reality
4: Opeth - Blackwater Park
3: Decapitated - Winds Of Creation
2: Children Of Bodom - Follow The Reaper
1: Vital Remains - Dechristianize

Nice lists so far. I agree with almost everything I see.

Only one complaint.

Angra - Aurora Consurgens

?????

In my personal, humble, correct opinion, that disc was SHIT! lol

You guys really know the good stuffs

Here's moarrrr

Autumn Leaves - Embraced by the Absolute
Equilibrium - Turis Fratyr
Catamenia - Location: Cold
Nightwish - Oceanborn
Naglfar - Vittra
Blackseed Boys - Pandamonium
Ninnghizhidda - Demigod
Skyfire - Timeless Departure
Borknagar - Quintessence
Estatic Fear - A Sombre Dance
Diabolical Masquerade - Nightwork
Finntroll - Midnattens Widunder
Soilwork - The Chainheart Machine
Dissection - Storm of the Lights Bane
Bal-Sagoth - Starfire Burning...
The Black Mages - S/t
Ayreon - The Universal Migrator
Nightingale - The Breathing Shadow
Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black
Tvangeste - Firestorm
Arthemesia - Devs Iratvs

Also, not shown: Thousands

Nice lists so far. I agree with almost everything I see.

Only one complaint.

Angra - Aurora Consurgens

?????

In my personal, humble, correct opinion, that disc was SHIT! lol

It's my favorite Angra CD. Temple Of Shadows was awesome too but AC is their best imo. And considering you posted how awesome the latest Into Eternity CD (an overly pro-tooled hunk of crap) was last year, I should really delete that "correct" part from your post. :D

Guys, the list is for THIS CENTURY, not last. All releases had to have come out in 2000 and beyond for them to count.

It's my favorite Angra CD. Temple Of Shadows was awesome too but AC is their best imo. And considering you posted how awesome the latest Into Eternity CD (an overly pro-tooled hunk of crap) was last year, I should really delete that "correct" part from your post. :D

You son of a bitch. Let me justify myself by saying that new releases, if even tolerable, are always given the benefit of the doubt in my mind in hopes that (if I happen to not love the CD to begin with) the disc will grow on me. It was a mis-step to say the least. The fact that you remember that is also kind of creepy :err:. You remind me of my mother, bringing up past mistakes when a question of character arises years later. haha

That being said, if I were on a desert island I would take 1 IE song from TIT (lol) or even silence itself as opposed to the entire Aurora Consurgens album. AC = teh g4yest dungf3stival. Temple of Shadows was awesome, but I don't think anything Angra has done constitutes a spot on a Top 21, or even Top 50 list, even given a narrow time frame. In fact I'd rather end my own life in order to have Aurora Consurgens pulled from shelves than live in a world where men can post on the internet that they enjoy that poop-sicle. I'd even go to say that I would sacrifice my family in hopes that some almighty diety would strike down Angra where they stand at this very moment in time. Sorry work is boring as hell. We can't stands it. Angra ftw :headbang:

Oh I catch your drift alright.

MAN did you just take it to Aeonic's house. You might have even taken it all the way INSIDE his house, and placed it in his mother's potpourri pot.

ps: don you mentioned the market in some other post. are you a big stock nerd / investory-type-as-a-job? i've just begun plowing my ka-ching into the stock market....

SO I CAN GO TO SPACE!

that's right. i'm investing so i can be a space tourist. suck it.

Oh I catch your drift alright.

MAN did you just take it to Aeonic's house. You might have even taken it all the way INSIDE his house, and placed it in his mother's potpourri pot.

ps: don you mentioned the market in some other post. are you a big stock nerd / investory-type-as-a-job? i've just begun plowing my ka-ching into the stock market....

SO I CAN GO TO SPACE!

that's right. i'm investing so i can be a space tourist. suck it.

Dude NICE! Aeonic's mom is gonna freakerz on him! Frame-job! :loco:

Yea I run the market's shit every fuckin day. I've been doing work with equity for about 3 years now. I started out helping my father and his business partner with busy work for an investment advisory website that they own, but over the past few years I have kind of been engulfed in the whole financial world. I am a Finance / Economics dubz major at the University of Puget Sound, which kind of furthered my interest in stocks, bonds, options, and all that good shit. Once I learned the economics behind some of the moves it became easier to understand how to make certain plays, how and when to hedge, and most importantly, adapting to fluctuating market conditions. If you want to check out what I do head to Top Stock Portfolios or Top Guns Trading. I publish about half of the reports on TSP and manage 5 portfolios there. The one doing the best this year is the Insiders Port. I'm up bigtime :cool:. On TGT, I just do a few things, nothing too significant though.

As for getting in in order to fulfuill your dreams of being a space tourist, now is a good time for long-term positions in stocks, especially in Software, Oil, Aerospace & Defense, and Emerging Markets (Brazil, India, and China ETFs are fucking crizzAZZLE right now) Even though we've had a monumental rally in the first 2 quarters, it's simply a rebound in value to alleviate the extreme discount brought on by the credit crisis. Entire industries were artificially low, kind of like a reverse bubble of sorts. Stocks are still cheap, though if you already bought a while ago you're gonna see some Hugh Jass returns this year. If you make enough send me a PM and I'll bring the Cheez-its and Wall-E and we can go to space and have a great time.

Oh and I'm no nerd you guys are the nerdy ones :lol:

I'm a big gay bear

Fair enough. But I think you should give that Angra CD another listen. It's probably the only decent marriage of power metal and progressive rock that I've heard. Dream Theater meets Dragonforce with a little Maiden... I mean c'mon how does this song not get you hard?

HOWEVER, on second thought I think I would definitely switch that Angra album out with Pagan's Mind - Celestial Entrance. I completely forgot that one. My list has now been edited to reflect the truth.

Maiden meets King Diamond hoooly shit. I am SO PISSED that I'll have to miss these guys when they tour with Stratovarius (ew). Fucking night classes.

By the way you econo-fags suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, I entirely agree with Don, and not just because he's a big gay bear. AC sucks donkey balls.

Where do you do your e-trading, Don? I'm using sharebuilder buuuuuuuut...it looks like it kind of blows for stock availability for foreign stuff / low market cap stuff. :erk: I didn't want to have to mess with a minimum balance though. waaaaaaah. i think you can transfer accounts which i may do when i get a little more serious.

My strategy has basically been "dump my load into stocks where I know what the fuck is going on" - which is software and hardware for computers, which isn't treating me too badly so far. though sadly i work for a fairly large software company so i'm not sure if i can actually buy some stocks that i want to..i will have to read some on trading regulations when your company is a partner with another.

I don't have quite enough money to play around with yet to make $$$ off small percentage gains, but hopefully I'll get there. I am a ripe, fallow 23, and my paycheck is only going to get bigger.

srsly though, space tourism is going to be like 25 g's in about a decade.

PLUS i totally just want to send satellites into space and own a fucking satellite. and make ion thruster drives. ION THRUSTERRRRRRRRRRRRS!