Top 5 Favourite bands (to get an idea of range)

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
I saw this in another forum... I can't remember which, but anyway, I think it's good to see the range of interests a fan (er... enthusiast of Anathema) has.

Just naming one or two bands isn't really enough to promote the bands you love. So here's a chance to name your five favourites!

In order, mine are:

1. Katatonia
2. Anathema
3. Novembre
4. Emperor
5. My Dying Bride.

In no particular order...:

Pearl Jam
Smashing Pumpkins
Anathema
Tom Waits
Machine Head

(Katatonia, U2, My Dying Bride, The Cure, Opeth, Verve Pipe, Enslaved, Led Zeppelin, Tool, Queen, Live, Ulver, Marilyn Manson, Theatre of Tragedy... sorry)

I decided to list 10, seeing as how my top 5 is dominated by doom-type stuff, my top 10 is a little more diverse than that :p The top 5 has been that way for a few years now.....

1. My Dying Bride (as if you couldn't guess ;))
2. Anathema
3. Katatonia
4. Bolt Thrower
5. In The Woods... (R.I.P :cry: )
6. Death (R.I.P :cry: :cry: )
7. Iron Maiden
8. Opeth
9. The Gathering
10. Mayhem

mmm, well in the last year id say(in no particular order)

jeff buckley
antimatter
anathema
nick drake
radiohead
pink floyd

Originally posted by oe
jeff buckley
antimatter
anathema
nick drake
radiohead
pink floyd

and now it's getting obvious i have a strong influence on you omar. just like how you mention the same bands just like me. and you shave your beard and glue it on your chest just to be as hairy as i am. you're lame omar.

peace,
mehdi

hahaha, ok, i knew u were gonna say something sooner or later..ill get u back! ;) ortega is thankful by the way hehe..

p.s nice try with the rotten.com!

oe.

Originally posted by oe
hahaha, ok, i knew u were gonna say something sooner or later..ill get u back! ;) ortega is thankful by the way hehe.. p.s nice try with the rotten.com!

and now you're gonna tell ortega you found the sites yourself, so ortega will show you gratitude in a very special way hehe

peace mate,
mehdi