Top 5 of stuff

Not in any particular order. And bloofy hard to pick.

Bands:
1: Dream Theater
2: Ice Age
3: Pain Of Salvation
4. Symphony X
5. Vanden Plas

Studio Albums:
1. Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element
2. Ice Age - Liberation
3. Fates Warning - APSOG
4. Vanden Plas - Beyond Daylight
5. Symphony X - The Odyssey

Live Albums:
Iron Maiden - Live After Death
Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio
Dream Theater - LSFNY
Deep Purple - Live with London Symphony Orchestra 1999
Dream Theater - Live At The Marquee

Songs:
1. Symphony X - The Odyssey
2. Vinnie Moore - Emotion Overload
3. Ice Age - Ice Age
4. Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element
5. Clockwork - Design of Enlightenment

Singers:
1. Josh Pincus (Ice Age)
2. Russell Allen (Symphony X)
3. DC Cooper
4. Ray Alder (Fates Warning)
5. Daniel Gildenlow (POS)

Guitarists:
1. Joe Satriani
2. John Petrucci (Dream Theater)
3. Michael Romeo (Symphony X)
4. Steve Vai
5. Vinnie Moore :worship:

Bassists:
1. John Myung (DT)
2. Geddy Lee (Rush)
3. Sean Malone (Cynic, Gordian Knot, OSI)
4. Dave LaRue (SMB, Dregs)
5. Billy Sheehan (Mr. Big, Niacin...)

Drummers:
1. Hal Aponte (ex-Ice Age)
2. Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)
3. Neil Peart (Rush)
4. Bobby Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:
5. Steve Smith (ex-Journey, Vital Information)

Keyboards:[/B]
1. Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater)
2. Vitalij Kuprij (Artension, Ring of Fire)
3. Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater)
4. Josh Pincus (Ice Age)
5. Mike Pinella (Symphony X)

How would you split it? lol You would have to isolate the keyboard track and take out the drums!

Rudess/Morganstien project is awesome. Rod is a fantastic drummer. The live video I have of them is great.

And aint nobody getting hold of my shirt! :headbang:

He's a good drummer but I hate the songs he wrote. And while I like Jordan's songs, I wish he hadn't joined DT. Sure, he's a hell of a player, but I don't like his style, especially when he does those annoying classical Rick Wakeman-type bits live and at the beginning of 6DOIT (the song).

first keyboardist was kevin moore...he played on when dream and day unite, images and words and awake. Derek sherinian played on falling into infinity and a change of seasons. jordan rudess played on scenes from a memory and 6 degrees of inner turbulence.

I undersstand where you are coming from Spiff. Kevin Moore was absolutley nowhere near as skillfull a player as Jordan.... but damn, some of the melodies that KevMo came up with are freakin awesome. Listen to any track off of Images and Words and Awake, and you can hear how brilliant a pleyer Kev was. He may not do all that wanky keyboard solo's and stuff like that all the time, but its the otherstuff that counts. Such as the end of Scarred. That is brilliant that outro because of what Kevin is playing underneath the riff, and then the lead into Space Dye Vest :headbang: Well, Kevin rocks for that song alone, but then you have the melodies he came up with for Learning to Live, Wait for Sleep, Voices, Lifting Shadows, Surrounded, Another Day..... The dude sure knew how to write an awesome melody to fit the mood of the song, and that is why I really miss Kevin in the band.

In defence of Jordan.... He fuckin rocks. I have never seen or heard a more skilfull keyboard player in all my life. The thing I love about JR is his interaction with Petrucci. Some of the Unison parts that they create is brilliant, like the part in Beyond this Life, and Blind Faith. Alot of JR's solo's are very similar sounding, and at this point, he is yet to come up with a melody that has as much soul or emotion as what KevMo used to write, but I still think he is the right person for the band if Kevin isnt there.

It will be VERY interesting to see where Dream Theater go from here. The next album will be a huge release I think.