Top 50 Extreme Metal Albums

Uhhh... Death - Symbolic? Ugh, that album is a pain to listen to all the way through.

Slayer - Hell Awaits is balls, why is that even on any list other than "shittiest CDs done by great bands?"

Too little Bathory, Mayhem, Darkthrone, etc..
Too much Death, Arch Enemy, Immortal, In Flames, etc..

Some really stupid placing too..
Arch Enemy, In Flames, Immortal etc.. better than Hellhammer - Apocalyptic Raids? ...Okaaaay!!

Sucky list.

The first top 100 list has now just confused this one.

I have no problem with Mercyful Fate, but why would they be #1 in the 'extreme' list specifically? Especially since they were at #58 in the 'heavy metal' list where Metallica was #1?

And Slayer and Kreator make both lists, but not Sepultura? Kreator even comes in at #99 and Sepultura at #60, and then on the new list, the same Kreator album is in the top 10 and Sepultura has gone altogether!

No Suffocation? No Pestilence? etc ad nauseum.

Damn those genre definitions.

Death - Symbolic is excellent!

I can't believe that list doesn't have Morbid Angel! Did I miss it or something? That website needs to stop what they are doing right now.

Sorath said:
I hate that list. Example: Immortal - Damned in Black. As if it was even the best Immortal-album.

Exactly. Especially as high on the list as number 12. I could understand if pure holocaust was there, but Damned in Black was probably the worst Immortal album. And theres no emperor or mayhem either. If i had to add a couple (off the top of my head)- Emperor- ITNE and Anthems. Darkthrone- Transilvanian Hunger, Mayhem- Live in Leipzig, Graveland-Immortal Pride, etc.....

Anyway, there's three (the three latest = the three worst) Immortal albums there and no Mayhem, Burzum or Darkthrone. What the fuck is Arch Enemy doing there?