Top albums of 2010

Okay. It might have gotten leaked prior to its official release.

What did you guys think of it? I thought it was solid enough but just can't seem to get as excited by FF now as I did around the Demanufacture / Obsolete days....

No particular order, some of my faves from '10:

Fear Factory - Mechanize
Armored Saint - La Raza
Exodus - Exhibit B: The Human Condition
In This Moment - A Star Crossed Wasteland
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
Forbidden - Omega Wave
Disturbed - Asylum
Slash - Slash
Bruce Springsteen - The Promise
Godsmack - The Oracle

Those are the ones that immediately jump out at me.

What did you guys think of it? I thought it was solid enough but just can't seem to get as excited by FF now as I did around the Demanufacture / Obsolete days....

I personally thought it was their best since Obsolete. I think Dino's return helped facilitate a return to their classic sound, while Byron Stroud and Gene Hoglan are, at the very least, adequate replacements for Christian and Raymond.

Anyway, here's my top

Slash: Slash
Stone Sour: Audio Secrecy
Alter Bridge: AB3
Molly Hatchet: Justice
Fear Factory: Mechanize
Armored Saint: La Raza
The Damned Things: Ironiclast

Maiden - Final Frontier (nothing new but hell who cares - it's Maiden!)
Birds of Tokyo (local band) - self titled
Janelle Monae - ArchAndroid (this chic is simply the most talented female artist on the planet bar none and I don't listen to hardly any female artists)
Prince - 20Ten (a real return to his SOTT era form)
The Damned Things - Ironiclast
Reznor & Ross - The Social Network Soundtrack

looks like i'm living in the past:lol: the only albums from 2010 i've heard are Overkill's 'Ironbound' (which is pretty cool but IMO not as good as 'Immortalis') and of course 'The Final Frontier'. i like what i've heard of AS's 'La Raza' and Nile's 'Those Whom The Gods Detest'. 2011 is gonna be better anyway, a new ANTHRAX and a new TOURNIQUET record, 7 lean years have passed.

This is a tough one. I really didn't listen to many new releases this year. The only ones I can say I bought and listen to regularly are:

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier... my favorite Maiden album since Bruce rejoined in 2000. Great to see it do so well on the Charts in the USA

Either this song

Or this are my favorites (2:20 starts to kick in, live this will be amazing, can see Steve Harris on the monitors headbanging like a mad man to this!)

OTHERS:

Hed Pe - Truth Rising

The Scorpions - Sting In The Tail - Very good album, very classic Scorpions sounding album.

Ratt - Infestation - Sounds like old school Ratt

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Sick of It All - Based on a True Story (more hardcore, but still heavy and aggressive)

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Maiden was pretty lame too IMO, one of the worst in their carreer. I agree 2010 was not a very good year though I enjoyed these albums:

- Sodom - In war And Pieces
- GBH - Perfume and Piss
- Danzig - Deth Red Saboath
- Over Kill - Ironbound
- Forbidden - Omega Wave
- Flotsam and Jetsam - The Cold

The new Maiden was pretty lame too IMO, one of the worst in their carreer. I agree 2010 was not a very good year though I enjoyed these albums:

- GBH - Perfume and Piss
- Over Kill - Ironbound
- Forbidden - Omega Wave

Must check out that Sodom record. Been meaning to for a while...

- GBH - Perfume and Piss
- Over Kill - Ironbound
- Forbidden - Omega Wave

You are fuckin crazy if you think The Final Frontier is one of the worst of their career, thats ridiculous. It takes a while to get into, but is one of their best in a long time... But what ever..

I forgot about Danzig - Deth Red Saboath that is definitely on my top 10 list.

- GBH - Perfume and Piss
- Over Kill - Ironbound
- Forbidden - Omega Wave

I agree Maiden is LAME.

FF Mechanize was pretty good, I agree that Dino's comeback and input gave it a classic FF feel (I really liked Archetype but Transgression was just alright).

I think that the new Fear Factory sound just like Archetype. They all sound very similar. They have some cool riffs and technical drumming. But they bore me after a while. Yell Yell Yell.... sing a verse.. double bass, start stop, double bass, start stop, Yell Yell Yell.... singe a verse. They are very predictable and programmed sounding but I really enjoy watching them live

I have yet to hear Final Frontier, the two songs I've already heard sounded better than on the previous two albums.