Top albums of 2010

So I've been gone 3 weeks and the same old shit is still going on?

Anyway, my favorite albums of 2010:

Bad Religion - The Dissent Of Man
Bruce Springsteen - The Promise
Kvelertak - Kvelertak

Best DVD's of 2010:

Down - Diary of A Mad Band
Bruce & The E Street Band - Live in Hyde Park

Just discovered a new and amazing 2010 release. A band called ufomammut released an album by the name of "eve" last year, and it's stunning!! Dark, twisted and psychedelic.

Dare I say it, The Boss gets even better with age. Only in my latter years have I really come to appreciate this very talented songwriter and performer.

Yes, he does. The funny thing about The Promise is that those songs are leftovers from the first Darkness On The Edge Of Town sessions and they're still that damn good! I mean when you had this good material to just throw away, you must've been doing something right.

Nile's 'Those Whom The Gods Detest'.

That was 2009.

I don't remember a lot of great albums in 2010.

I like Maiden's, and Slash's was decent. Neither really, really blew me away though. Same goes for Melechesh's The Epigenesis

I think my favourite of 2010 is Burzum, Belus, and Enslaved's Axioma Ethica Odini was great.

I'm sure Marty Friedman's Bad DNA will slowly but surely grow on me too.

Anthrax I dont mind waiting on - they have the soap opera to keep us entertained. Nile are all about the music. :bah:

Personally I am sick of waiting. There are only a few bands I have waited for new releases and I won't be getting anymore from Pantera or Type O Negative.

Flotsam & Jetsam`s The Cold has just been released in Europe. So it's kind of a late entry since it has been out in the US in 2010 already. Fucking great record, especially the vocals.

Listening to Best Coast on spotify just now. It sounds pretty good. Need to listen to it a bit more though.

Noticed that you're from Glasgow. I lived there for two years as a student, and fell in love with the place. There are so many great Scottish bands. I attended gigs all the time while I was there and discovered lots of great music. One of the bands I really got into was Aereogramme. Too bad they broke up. But two of the band member resurfaced as the The Unwinding Hours and released a brilliant album in 2010. One of the musical highlights of the year.

Did you end up liking Best Coast?? I still play it a lot. I'll check out The Unwinding Hours.

Did you end up liking Best Coast?? I still play it a lot. I'll check out The Unwinding Hours.

I did! Ended up buying it on download. It's been quite cold and chilly in norway this winter, and best coast has been a pleasant distraction. My four year old daughter likes the album as well. We frequently listen to it while driving to kindergarten. Thanks for the tip!