Top albums of 2010

Was very disappointed with the new Danzig disc when I heard it, think i'll listen to it some more as a few of the guy's here are listing it. :Smokin:

It's good. Sounds like old classic Danzig to me. Haven't liked much of anything e has done in the past 10 years or so. Has some good drumming and guitar work thanks to Tommy Victor. I am not a die hard Danzig fan or anything. But I think this new one is really good. I listen to it quite often. Didn't realize it was released in 2010. Give it another spin, you may enjoy it!

I have yet to hear Final Frontier, the two songs I've already heard sounded better than on the previous two albums.

There are a few songs I don't like. But over all the song writing, musicianship etc are some of the best of Maidens career. If you just listen to the album 1 time through you may not get it. It is a grower for sure. Even the first few times I listened to it I wasn't sure if I liked it.

But typically those types of albums are the ones with lasting power. The new Maiden is very complex. It is technical, progressive, and has all of the elements I love from Maiden. Many of the songs have a 7th Song of a 7th son type of vibe to them, and that is fine by me!

If you are not a maiden fan or really haven't paid much attention to them since Powerslave you may not dig it much. But those old fans will never like anything new Maiden puts out as they just want to hear the Trooper over and over again.

What a shocker lmao. But The Damned Things is a great band? You are an idiot. You don't like Maiden or Slayer. How on earth can you possibly like Anthrax????

You cannot control other's tastes in music, period. I love metal but I prefer some bands over others so why give a shit??? So please stop bashing me or anyone else for it. ...and I never said The Damned Things are a great band. I heard the one song and thought it was good. so what?

My mindset is that 'I like what I like' and I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm not going to tell someone they are stupid, crazy, or an idiot because they don't like certain bands or genres of music. That is so childish.

You cannot control other's tastes in music, period. I love metal but I prefer some bands over others so why give a shit??? So please stop bashing me or anyone else for it. ...and I never said The Damned Things are a great band. I heard the one song and thought it was good. so what?

My mindset is that 'I like what I like' and I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm not going to tell someone they are stupid, crazy, or an idiot because they don't like certain bands or genres of music. That is so childish.

To say that Iron Maiden sucks is just flat out ridiculous. And that is not because Iron Maiden is part of my screen name, it is because they are arguably one of the best heavy metal bands of all time. I am sorry. You claim to like metal music and say you hate Iron Maiden and Slayer? Yet you say you like The Damned Things? Saying that you think Iron Maiden sucks just goes to show that you have absolutely no clue about what metal music is. If it wasn't for bands like Iron Maiden, Anthrax wouldn't even be around, yet alone The Damned Things.

I can't control what you like, but I can still call you out as not knowing what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to metal music

No, say what you want but he's right. It is impossible to like Anthrax if you do not like Maiden and Slayer...absolutely impossible. Just as it is a scientific fact that if an Orange is the colour orange, so must be a Lime as they are both Citrus.
People that go around claiming to like one band but not like another band of the same genre are straight up worse than Hitler.
So, do any Genocide lately? That's right Adolf, I'm talking to you.
I'm sorry but it needed to be said.

To say that Iron Maiden sucks is just flat out ridiculous. And that is not because Iron Maiden is part of my screen name, it is because they are arguably one of the best heavy metal bands of all time. I am sorry. You claim to like metal music and say you hate Iron Maiden and Slayer? Yet you say you like The Damned Things? Saying that you think Iron Maiden sucks just goes to show that you have absolutely no clue about what metal music is. If it wasn't for bands like Iron Maiden, Anthrax wouldn't even be around, yet alone The Damned Things.

I can't control what you like, but I can still call you out as not knowing what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to metal music

I only said Maiden was lame to get your attention cause I know how immature you get on here:lol:. I really don't mind Maiden at all, just never had enuff of a hard on for 'em to go out and buy any of their albums. Jeez sue me :cry:

OMG I'm so sorry I don't like everything you like, douchebag.

Its the best thing Danzig has done in well over a decade. The song writing is back to form, Glen's vocals are on. I love the muddy 70's type production as well. This album is just flat out awesome.

Im with you on that. It's the best Danzig in a long time. Arguably one of his best all around albums. Not sure how the OP said he was disappointed in it. Not sure what he was comparing it to?

If you are not a maiden fan or really haven't paid much attention to them since Powerslave you may not dig it much. But those old fans will never like anything new Maiden puts out as they just want to hear the Trooper over and over again.

I actually like the newer Maiden albums, except of the Blaze years. Fear Of The Dark is my most favorite.

I actually like the newer Maiden albums, except of the Blaze years. Fear Of The Dark is my most favorite.

I can't even listen to Fear of the Dark. I pretty much hate that album. Definitely IMO the worst Bruce era album tied with No Prayer For The Dying. At least NPFTD had Tailgunner and a few other good songs. There are some songs on Fear of The Dark like "Weekend Warrior" that are down right embarrassing. The Apparition ughh. Chains of Misery? From Here To Eternity yikes! This was a horrible Iron Maiden album and was what led to them breaking up for the Blaze years. Luckily they came back strong with Brave New World

I can't even listen to Fear of the Dark. I pretty much hate that album. Definitely IMO the worst Bruce era album tied with No Prayer For The Dying. At least NPFTD had Tailgunner and a few other good songs. There are some songs on Fear of The Dark like "Weekend Warrior" that are down right embarrassing. The Apparition ughh. Chains of Misery? From Here To Eternity yikes! This was a horrible Iron Maiden album and was what led to them breaking up for the Blaze years. Luckily they came back strong with Brave New World

I did never really get into Fear Of The Dark, although I do not hate it, Maiden never did a real bad one, I think. But it is my least favourite. The title track is overrated, too. I like it, but it is not the classic many people make of it, IMO.

Brave New World was a big return to power, even if the Blaze Years weren't that bad either. After Dance Of Death I was afraid that they went out of ideas, I find that one a little boring - nevertheless a good album. But today they are strong and really relevant again. I really like the new at little more progressive way of the last two Maiden-Records. To me AMOLAD and TFF are the best outputs since Seven Son. Best track on The Final Frontier is "Starblind".

Maiden is not my most favorite band, I probably wouldn't even put them in my top 5. But in terms of consistency there isn't really anything that they put out that I hate. Not a fan of the two Blaze albums, but even those weren't horrid --- the biggest problems is that the songs were written for Bruce's voice.

As a matter of fact, even though I know Bruce is a "metal god" the first two albums with Paul Dianno are probably my favorites, but as I said to me, Maiden is a band that has never really done anything bad.

So I'm out of the fucking loop for loving Anthrax yet I find Kiss fucking awful? Just curious.

No, this guy is claiming Iron Maiden sucks, Slayer sucks, yet likes The Damned Things. So I am curious how someone that hates one of the best metal bands of all time in Iron Maiden, and THE best thrash/speed metal band of all time in Slayer can like a thrash metal band like Anthrax which has elements of both Iron Maiden and Slayer in them. There is no similarity between Anthrax (Well joey era) and The Damned Things. So it makes no sense to me that someone that hates 2 of the best Metal bands of all time can love Anthrax.

I don't like Kiss either. They are not a credible metal band, are a rock n roll band and have never been my cup-o-tea. There is no similarity between Kiss and Anthrax other than the cover song Anthrax did. There is more in common with The Damned Things and Kiss than there is Anthrax/Slayer/Maiden and Kiss.

No, this guy is claiming Iron Maiden sucks, Slayer sucks, yet likes The Damned Things. So I am curious how someone that hates one of the best metal bands of all time in Iron Maiden, and THE best thrash/speed metal band of all time in Slayer can like a thrash metal band like Anthrax which has elements of both Iron Maiden and Slayer in them. There is no similarity between Anthrax (Well joey era) and The Damned Things. So it makes no sense to me that someone that hates 2 of the best Metal bands of all time can love Anthrax.

I don't like Kiss either. They are not a credible metal band, are a rock n roll band and have never been my cup-o-tea. There is no similarity between Kiss and Anthrax other than the cover song Anthrax did. There is more in common with The Damned Things and Kiss than there is Anthrax/Slayer/Maiden and Kiss.

I can like or dislike whatever the fuck I want, asshole.
And I never claimed The Damned Things to be a metal band nor would I ever compare them to Iron Maiden or whatever else. I like all different kinds of genres of music from classic rock to eighties shit. I don't have a one track metal mind like you do.:popcorn:

Who cares?