GIGANTOUR, Megadeth, Nevermore, Dream Theater July 24th,
Queensryche- Feb. 19th
Dead Can Dance Sept. 21st
Nevermore / Behemoth Dec. 7th
Children Of Bodom Nov. 27
Queen w/ Paul Rodgers Oct. 22nd
Anthrax Reunion May 22nd
Danzig, Behemoth/ Blackest of the Black tour Oct. 29th

Hell of a year! and wouldn't want it any other way!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I'll have to say Gigantour(seen it twice) was the best this year. Megadeth, DT, Nevermore, Symphony X, Fear Factory!!!

Opeth, Nevermore, Into Eternity was next. Great, Great show. I am digging Opeth more and more, plus I love Nevermore and IE.

Jon Oliva's Pain - :headbang: that's all I can say about JOP

ProgPower has to be fourth this year only because I wasn't really interested in any of the headliners. Strat, Angra, Therion, Conception. I have little or no interest in any of them. I enjoyed the openers much more, Manticora, Symphorce, Circus Maximus, PC69, Orphaned Land, and Stride made up for it. Plus all the cool people of coarse!:D

Other great shows -
Judas Priest/Queensryche
Motley Crue
Queensryche (headlining with OP:M played in full with actors)
Def Leppard / Tesla (Only for Tesla, I thought DL were boring)

I almost forgot Trans-Siberian Orchestra!!!! They might have been in the top three. They are awesome!:worship:

kittybeast said:
IRON MAIDENS ONLY HEADLINE USA SHOW IN DENVER August 9th
ProgPower VI Atlanta, GA Sept. 15-16
GIGANTOUR, Megadeth, Nevermore, Dream Theater July 24th,
Queensryche- Feb. 19th
Dead Can Dance Sept. 21st
Nevermore / Behemoth Dec. 7th
Children Of Bodom Nov. 27
Queen w/ Paul Rodgers Oct. 22nd
Anthrax Reunion May 22nd
Danzig, Behemoth/ Blackest of the Black tour Oct. 29th

Hell of a year! and wouldn't want it any other way!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Nice list. I wish we would have gotten a chance to see Anthrax or Maiden.:erk: Anthrax seems to be avoiding the south big time and I don't blame them. The last time we seen them with Bush on vocals it was in a very small bar. Capacity was probably around 200-250 max, maybe smaller. It was on the WCFYA tour too. Maiden hasn't been to Florida since I've lived here, which is over 12 years!!!:yell: They even dropped off Ozzfest before they got down here.:erk:

Saw Jon Oliva's Pain twice and indeed was just :headbang:
They are my favorit live band.

Other very good gigs this year were:
Masterplan
Nevermore
Keep It True festival (Raven, Jag Panzer...)
Overkill
Kreator
Viggen

Next up is Dead Soul Tribe / Sieges Even concert in Belgium
going there with Hawk again...:headbang:

Dismember was all I needed but I was patiently waiting for the the best BIG NAME bill I'm likely to see in my city - Motorhead & Motley Crue. Waiting over 15 yrs to see bands kinda makes a year like this one remembered as unrivalled, 3 in one year!

Wheezer said:
:cry: I feel for you Wyv.

Actually I grew accustomed to it, as far as I'm able to buy CDs I can compromise and not go to concerts.

In anycase I had the Hammerfall concert this year and I enjoyed it a lot, since it was the only one I think it's also the top one :lol:

NP: Cathedral - 'Sea Serpent'

No concerts for me this year. I'm actually concert retired. I really abhor large crowds, so the entertainment value has to be spectacular in order to get me out into the masses. I come out of retirement on rare occasions, for special bands that play in smaller venues where everyone is seated.

Of course, there are exceptions to the rule. I'd go see Savatage/JOP any time, any venue, if they'd get anywhere near me. Also, I make an exception for Trans-Siberian Orchestra, the best live band I've ever seen. Best thing about TSO is no mosh pit, no rowdy drunks, no gang-bangers, etc.

EDIT: Oh, and Blackmore's Night. I have to see them live before I die!

Its been a good year for gigs for me this year. Here's a selection of the best from a very long list this year. looks like 2006 is gonna be busy as well.

Behemoth
Nile and Dying Fetus
Witchcraft
Trivium and 3 Inches Of Blood
Vader and Lost Soul
London Deathfest 2005 with Avulsed, Gorerotted etc.
Metal Church and Chris Caffrey
Y & T
Green Carnation
Wacken Open Air (Germany) with Bloodbath, Suffocation, Obituary etc)
Party San Open Air (Germany) with Amon Amarth, Krisiun, Enthroned etc
Marduk
Dio
Burning Saviours
Saxon
Deicide
Blackmore's Night
Destruction and Candlemass
Gorgoroth and 1349
Opeth
Arch Enemy and Strapping Young Lad
plus tons of others too many to list.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
No concerts for me this year. I'm actually concert retired. !

refuses to retire until chrome walker is part of my concert attire

for special bands that play in smaller venues

great thing about Los Angeles, several large venues and boatloads of smaller ones, most of the shows attended this year were the House of Blues and the Key Club

kittybeast said:
shall we do an online MSN chat/concert together? sounds like it could be fun!:hotjump:

How can we do a chat/concert? :err: Although I will love to chat with you :D

SavaRon said:
I'll have to say Gigantour(seen it twice) was the best this year. Megadeth, DT, Nevermore, Symphony X, Fear Factory!!!

Opeth, Nevermore, Into Eternity was next. Great, Great show. I am digging Opeth more and more, plus I love Nevermore and IE.

Jon Oliva's Pain - :headbang: that's all I can say about JOP

ProgPower has to be fourth this year only because I wasn't really interested in any of the headliners. Strat, Angra, Therion, Conception. I have little or no interest in any of them. I enjoyed the openers much more, Manticora, Symphorce, Circus Maximus, PC69, Orphaned Land, and Stride made up for it. Plus all the cool people of coarse!:D

Other great shows -
Judas Priest/Queensryche
Motley Crue
Queensryche (headlining with OP:M played in full with actors)
Def Leppard / Tesla (Only for Tesla, I thought DL were boring)

I almost forgot Trans-Siberian Orchestra!!!! They might have been in the top three. They are awesome!:worship:
Pretty much the same for me, being that Ron lives near me and stalks me.:dopey: Exception are Motley & TSO...and yeah, Def Leppard were boring. They only played like 4 songs from the first three albums, so that's the reason I didn't care for them. After Pyromania...they blow, imo. The best song DL played all night was the opener - 'Action' by Sweet. Tesla were great though.

Gotta add Porcupine Tree to the list...incredible show.
Social Distortion and other assorted non-metal/rock shows.

Pretty good year for me! Best gigs :

Accept - Pratteln (Switzerland) / Gods of Metal (Italy)
Manowar & orchestra - Earthshaker Fest' (Germany)
Iron Maiden - Gods of Metal
Kreator - Lyon
Pain of Salvation - Lyon
Jag Panzer - Keep it true (Germany)
Mercenary - Earthshaker
Gamma Ray - Lyon
StormWarrior / Hansen - Earthshaker
Mötley Crue - Gods of Metal
Raven - Keep It True
Evergrey - Gods of Metal / Lyon
Strapping Young Lad - Gods of Metal
Revenge - Lyon