Top picks for 2006 (hey... that rhymes!)

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
My top albums for 2006

(in no particular order)

Amon Amarth - With Oden on Our Side
Angra - Aurora Consurgens
Communic - Waves of Visual Decay
Edguy - Rockit Ride
Evergrey - Monday Morning apocalypse
Falconer - Northwind
Frontline - Cricles
Into Eternity - The Scattering of Ashes
Jorn - The Duke
Mercenary - The HOurs that Remain
Metal Church - A Light in the Dark
Mind's eye - Wlaking on H2O
Prototype - Continuum
Rage - Speak of the Dead
Saga - Trust
Slamer - Nowhere Land
Sodom - s/t
Street Talk - V
Tankard - The Beauty and the Beer
The Flower King's - Paradox Hotel
The Tangent - A Place in Queue
Toto - Faling In Between
Warmachine - Begining of the End
Winger - IV
Zero Hour - Specs of Pictures Burnt...

I think you forgot a couple:

Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death
Katagory V - The Rising Anger

;)

I've been sorely lacking in new albums this year (my new job... well, I say new, been there since February... is kicking my ass, taking my name and has about killed my social life)... the only other one I can even think of off the top of my head is DragonForce's Inhuman Rampage.

Yeah, I know, I suck.

I think you forgot a couple:

Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death
Katagory V - The Rising Anger

:p
Well... I can't list our own album, it would be in bad tast... or maybe not? :lol:

I am actually still trying to digest the new Maiden album... it is growing on me more each time I listen to it, and I can definaty say it is much better than Dance of Death. The track "Brighter than a Thousands Suns" has a very basic, but very heavy riff at the begining that I totally dig, and always seems to get stuck in my head.

the only other one I can even think of off the top of my head is DragonForce's Inhuman Rampage.

Yeah, I know, I suck.

What? Is it becasue your job has kept you away from being able to hang with us, or because you jumped on the Dragonforce bandwagon?
:saint: :D

My top picks for 2006 in particular order (although it is changing day by day):

1. Antiquus - Eleutheria
2. Solitude Aeturnus - Alone
3. Crescent Shield - The Last of My Kind
4. Katagory V - The Rising Anger
5. Obsession - Carnival of Lies

My top picks for 2006 in particular order (although it is changing day by day):

1. Antiquus - Eleutheria
2. Solitude Aeturnus - Alone
3. Crescent Shield - The Last of My Kind
4. Katagory V - The Rising Anger
5. Obsession - Carnival of Lies

in the top five? RIGHT ON!!!! :kickass: :headbang:

I still need to Cresent Shield and the Solitude Aeturnus. In fact, Curtis is also a big fan of Solitude Aeturnus, so I'll have to let him know that's out.

Obessions has a new one out too?? ...does it have Mike Vescera on vocals?

Yeap, Mike Vescera on vocals, Jay Mezias on drums, three new musicians and Joe Stump and Robert Marcello appear with solos in some songs. :)

Check out imediately Crescent Shield and the new Solitude Aeturnus, they are killer albums too.

What? Is it becasue your job has kept you away from being able to hang with us, or because you jumped on the Dragonforce bandwagon?
:saint: :D
Both.

Still, it's nice to see a metal band getting some decent attention in this day and age. And at least Dragonforce are good entertainment. :)

Maiden's 'AMOLAD' (what an acronym!) is, I think, their finest in over a decade. 'Dance of Death' did have its moments but it wasn't even close to this. The boys done good. :kickass:

Both.

Still, it's nice to see a metal band getting some decent attention in this day and age. And at least Dragonforce are good entertainment. :)

Maiden's 'AMOLAD' (what an acronym!) is, I think, their finest in over a decade. 'Dance of Death' did have its moments but it wasn't even close to this. The boys done good. :kickass:

Ironiclly, I will be seeing Dragonforce in two weeks. :lol:

I am more or less attending the show to flyer every car in the parking lot for the Vicious Rumors show that will be the following night. Orginally, I hadn't planned on it, but I was instructed by the promoter to pick-up and drive down there with the illustrious James Rivera, (flying in early that afternoon) who originally wanted to go... so hey, why not!? it's boys night out - metal style!

...it should be an interesting night. :p