Torn = Not good

I 'm also a hardcore Evergrey fan and just like some other people here, I'm really disappointed for noticing that the place I thought I would find true admirers of the band is actually a place where people who just happened to appreciate one or two Evergrey albums come to point out flaws they've found on MMA and Torn. It seems like some people here would only be happy if Evergrey released a second, third, fourth copy of Solitude.. or Inner Circle each year.. As Greco has said they don't have to make music according to fans expectancy, first because they don't even have many "die hard fans" , as can be confirmed in this forum. And even if they did, how could they please so many unmatching opinions about their work ? There would always be a bunch of disappointed "temporary fans". One of Evergrey's ( and any other real artists ) trademark is "experimentalism", that is what makes it always unpredictable to know in anticipation what to expect for their next album. We always know there will be huge quality, that typical dark atmosphere, and all those features that make five seconds of their music recognizable to all of us. But none of their albums has sounded like a repetition of what was done previously, and that's one of the reasons why I'll never get tired of listening to them. LONG LIVE EVERGREY ( as long as they play the music the way they like it and know how to do ! )

* Torn's production made it sound dirtier and heavier. Exactly what I was looking for in Metal by the time it was released. It couldn't have suited me better.. It took from Inner Circle's the TOP 1 position in my favorite Evergrey albums list !!

Really well said!
You've synthesized what the hardcore Evergrey fans expects! Wich is nothing less than Evergrey being Evergrey! Not what I (we) want them to be...

Please my friend, I'd like to see you here more often, even though I know is something hard to do, but if you could spread your wise words once in a while, we'll be fortunate!

Cheers to my real hardcore Evergrey mates here as (as far as I remember and in alphabetical order...), DESPERATA, Essence of Conviction, Galtared, Kuksug, peza, sailingarge, Sparkle1, TheWinterSnow among other FEW ones...

Really well said!
You've synthesized what the hardcore Evergrey fans expects! Wich is nothing less than Evergrey being Evergrey! Not what I (we) want them to be...

Please my friend, I'd like to see you here more often, even though I know is something hard to do, but if you could spread your wise words once in a while, we'll be fortunate!

Cheers to my real hardcore Evergrey mates here as (as far as I remember and in alphabetical order...), DESPERATA, Essence of Conviction, Galtared, Kuksug, peza, sailingarge, Sparkle1, TheWinterSnow among other FEW ones...

--> Yep! WE ARE FOR EVERGREY (AND FOREVER-GREY!) :headbang:

I've been away from posting here for a while also because of all the negativity being directed towards the band and their art. Blame the relative anonymity of the internet for people thinking its OK to come into someone else's house and talk shit about them, I guess. Thank you to TheWinterSnow for writing an eloquent and well thought out post. My only additional comment is how many of these haters actually PAID for their copy of Torn? Criticizing a CD that you have paid for is one thing, but if you're one of the countless people who downloaded it then you have no room to bitch about sound quality from illegal mp3s.

Criticism of an album is useful, as long as it's constructive. What's *not* cool is when the discussion devolves into personal attacks against the band, or against each other over differences of opinion. After the flamewars that followed the MMA release, rest assured I'm watching out for that. You guys have been good so far.

Criticism of an album is useful, as long as it's constructive. What's *not* cool is when the discussion devolves into personal attacks against the band, or against each other over differences of opinion. After the flamewars that followed the MMA release, rest assured I'm watching out for that. You guys have been good so far.

Yep, and the funny thing is that I remember the flamewars that came with the release of Recreation Day as well. :Smokedev:

Yep, and the funny thing is that I remember the flamewars that came with the release of Recreation Day as well. :Smokedev:

I remember some grumping on the PM boards about RD - it was also about the production issues, as I recall. I'm moderately hearing impaired and couldn't tell the difference, nor was I responsible for smiting people who couldn't behave, so I didn't really care. :lol: It really got out of hand after MMA, though - a couple people got themselves banned for being unable to disagree civilly and driving other people away from the forum.

I agree about the constructive cirticism thing. What people need to realise is that music isn't just a product, it's art. Anyone can have his say on any art, as long as it's said in a certain manner (which was mostly the case here, though not always). IMO everyone's opinion is relevant, wether he did or did not buy the album, and even a hardcore fan can say he didn't like an album and that doesn't make him any less of a fan. Btw, I did buy the album and I fucking love it. This was me being objective :p
Different people have different opinions, but in this forum we're all EG fans, so let's just sum it up with an "Evergrey fucking rules" shout!

I have not bought the Torn cd yet as I was one of the people who didn't really feel MMA was all that great. I have listened to what tracks are posted on youtube, and nothing is really grabbing me. What songs are good on this album? I'm already noticing the same bland sound everyone else has said about this album. Is there a concept for this album? MMA suffered for the lack of one I feel. Come on guys, why should I buy this album?

What the hell is wrong with you people...

If you really are Evergrey fans...
then you all should love all Evergrey albums...

You should be glad that a professional and talented
band like evergrey is still writing music...

professional and talented band can't make bad music...

I agree! May be its not the greatest album of Evergrey, but its a good one! And i wil always admire their work :kickass:

I am a huge Evergrey fan, Englund is my favorite vocalist of all time. i was one of the many of you who preordered the album and axiously awaited it. there is many things about this album i love, escpecially virtually every solo melody on that album is spine-chilling. BUT the vocals, in comparison to any other album of theirs, are ruined. besides highlights in the title track and when kingdoms fall and a few others, the layered vocals are.... definitly not what i would have expected from the deity. if englunds passonate unleashing graced those spine chilling guitar melodies, then I would.... i dont even know! fly somewhere and shake their hands and say, "That thing you made will never leave my cd player." but it left it a long time ago and was replaced by isot.

acoustic album, if they ever do one, will be an absolute masterpiece.

I`ve seen Evergrey acoustic live preformance at youtube. These gyus are amazing. If thers any chanse to record such album i will be the first to byu it.

BEYOND incredible, my first thought the first time i heard Trilogy of the Damned, or pretty much any of their acoustic songs. Closure is my favorite song on MMA! but this is not something new, evergrey has long considered doing an acoustic album, they've already done half of it with acoustic remakes of As light is our darkness, the shok. truth, words mean nothing, rec. day title track, im sorry, madness caught. but they had said in an interview on thier live DVD that Tom had always wanted to do an acoustic album, but the band Threshold had just done one, not really a good excuse. Not to mention that Evergrey SEEMS to be caught in the spin of their newfound popularity, so dont expect them to do one any time soon....*sigh*

and you would be the SECOND one to buy it. ;)

This is not about this thread.

Hey Eduardo, have you seen the news on evergrey.net from september 7? I´ll give you a hint: December 13th – São Paulo (Carioca Club) :) No one had write about it so I thought that it may interest you :)

Cheers!

I can't fucking believe this is happening to me...

Hi guys and Hi Mate 'Sailingarge', in these past recent days I had a blast!
As Evergrey announce their 2 shows here (Brazil), I got really enthusiastic and pleased! Thanks God!

But...
There was a "tiny" little problem... hehe

My 1st son should be born in Dec/18 and the gigs are scheduled to Dec/12 and 13!!!
FUCK!

I don't know what to do...
If I buy the tickets and my son 'decide' to come up at the same time, I'll never forget myself and so my wife! hehehehe

Fuck Evergrey!
You'll be doing shows in Brazil and one of your biggest fans here, might not be there...

What a fuck and big irony!

If I buy the tickets and my son 'decide' to come up at the same time, I'll never forget myself and so my wife! hehehehe

That is irony! But buy the ticket/tickets and just hope that you can make it. First child is always a bit late ;) And if your child decides to arrive at the gig date, you HAVE to give it an Evergreyish name :D

Try this :

1) buy headphones or speakers

2) PLUG !

3) listen

4) buy the CD.

Cute, but not useful.

Yeah I understand what you are trying to say, but from what I can see they are falling into a not so creative thing. Yeah and the keyboards sound buried, tho that could be the compression. But the lack of a concept or direction on this album seems to leave it to the standard track by track thinking, which like MMA it falls short. Oh, and I have some good headphones, so stop bashing the consumer. Ask yourself this, what songs would you put on a best of cd or top list of lets say 14 for evergrey? And how many would be from this album? If so list the songs that are good off the new one. I'm reading bad reviews by a lot of people and the songs posted on youtube are not sounding great either. Why would I want this album?