Toronto Show: A different opinion

Yo Gregsmack, yeah I remember you from the wait outside, it was good to have people to talk to during that bitter coldness :)

Where were you during the show? I started in the front and a little to the left, but eventually got pushed back to the pit.

The drive home sucked.. once you get out west in the US it's nothing but corn fields.. at least i'm here alive tho!

Originally posted by Satori

I talked to him a lot. He's a really really smart guy. He's even educated in that stuff, he was telling me which frequencies cause mud and how to work around the problem in different situations, and how much volume you should use for a given area, there are certain frequencies that ressonate the ear drum to much and make everything sound like shit, etc. He knows a lot of great stuff. The sound he was putting out that night was also fucking fantastic, and it wasn't even that loud (for a rave), but it was plenty loud enough.

every sound technician who ever does sound should know this stuff. if their tour sound guy this time around doesn't he's an idiot.

Originally posted by huevo
Yo Gregsmack, yeah I remember you from the wait outside, it was good to have people to talk to during that bitter coldness :)

Where were you during the show? I started in the front and a little to the left, but eventually got pushed back to the pit.

The drive home sucked.. once you get out west in the US it's nothing but corn fields.. at least i'm here alive tho!

I was down by the front of the stage on Martin's side. I could see the whole band pretty well except for Lopez. The moshers kept ramming into me, though. It seemed like they were just there to piss people off. It got especially annoying during Credence.

And I don't think I could stand a car drive with no music. Hell, I can't even sit at the computer for more than 2 minutes without putting something on.

Strange... I wonder if we have been going to Opera Houses in parallel dimensions.

I have been to so many shows at the Opera House with absolutely horrid sound, and the Opeth show was one of the better ones.

I was on the balcony for this one, so maybe it made a difference, but I thought the sound was well balanced. The only really annoying thing was some vocal distortion, and the fact that the vocals kept resonating the entire drum kit.

I don't know how many of you wear earplugs, but that makes a difference too. Especially when you manipulate them so that you're getting the best possible frequency balance under the circumstances.

So basically, I was not disappointed. (and I have no hang-ups about bands having to reproduce the recording tempos)