Tour is cancelled!

Why the hell do they cost sooooooooo much to hire? Does it really cost 65000 USD to operate? :eek: Does that money go to gas or what?

Originally posted by Tyr
Hehe , thats quite amazing , the original price was infact not too far from what you guessed it would be with the increase......except that would be in NOK.
The original price was 490,000 NOK ($65,350 US).

Damn, I thought my guess was a shitload of money. Now you're talking over $105,000 US with the increase. Un-FUCKIN-real! For a tour of only 15 dates that comes to approx $7000 per show for a damn bus.

Originally posted by FailingAcension
Why the hell do they cost sooooooooo much to hire? Does it really cost 65000 USD to operate? :eek: Does that money go to gas or what?

Well , first off it's the cost of the bus itself , then there's the milage , the diesel , wear , insureance (liability/theft/accident etc) , ferry's , highway tolls , driver hire , drivers meals and they actually want to make a buck too...
And don't forget the taxes...

Originally posted by kupshi
Damn, I thought my guess was a shitload of money. Now you're talking over $105,000 US with the increase. Un-FUCKIN-real! For a tour of only 15 dates that comes to approx $7000 per show for a damn bus.

Actually , that's for 3 busses , $2333 per bus , but that would be a miscalculation , because even though it was 15 gigs or so , there were more days than gigs , it takes time to drive + days off etc.

Originally posted by Tyr
Actually , that's for 3 busses , $2333 per bus , but that would be a miscalculation , because even though it was 15 gigs or so , there were more days than gigs , it takes time to drive + days off etc.

I understand. I was looking at from the point of view that those 15 dates are where you make your money. And that is alot of money to make per show just to cover your costs for the busses much less making any money for yourselves and cover all other incidental expenses.

It is the same story in any business, everyone has to make their money. No one is out there to provide a service for nothing in return.

Lessons learned for next time I guess.

Any plans in the works for a US tour? I was looking forward to your europe tour cuz I am going to be in Germany and Austria during that time. Now I will wait for you to come to the US, hopefully soon.

Originally posted by Tyr
Well , first off it's the cost of the bus itself , then there's the milage , the diesel , wear , insureance (liability/theft/accident etc) , ferry's , highway tolls , driver hire , drivers meals and they actually want to make a buck too...
And don't forget the taxes...
Well....that would require ALOT of money but i see that it is neseccary but a 63% rate hike is insane. But if I got to be a tour bus driver for Borknagar I would do it for 5 USD and eat crackers if i could hang out with the band!:D

Originally posted by FailingAcension
Well....that would require ALOT of money but i see that it is neseccary but a 63% rate hike is insane. But if I got to be a tour bus driver for Borknagar I would do it for 5 USD and eat crackers if i could hang out with the band!:D

Then, please buy a nightliner and we'll for sure hire you... You will get crackers for free.

- Asgeir

Originally posted by Vintersorg

When I take time off from work for a month i don't get payed from my employer of course
Just curious... what is your "day job"? Someone told me that Ralf Scheepers is a refridgerator repair man when not singing for Primal fear, and it got me wondering what others did to finance their lifestyle.

Sad about the tour, but since there was no UK date, it was looking unlikely that I was going to see you anyway. There's only so many trip abroad I can afford, and it was going to be a stretch to make it this time :-(

Hmmm...

Sorry to hear about the bus problems...:( Still made no difference to me since Sweden was not included. I just feel sorry for my German, Austrian and Netherlandic friends...:cry:

But guess what... The show in Oslo is the day before the Satyricon gig in Gothenburg... Guess it will be a metal week, with no sleep at all...;)

@Blackspirit... Be carefull with what you offer, I might take you up on that ;) And I will not travel alone :lol:

-phyros (What? Did I go to the wrong forum? Naaahh! Just familiar faces everywhere... :D)

Originally posted by Folklore
ProPower? never heard of that fest, but it sounds as if it`s for bands like raphsody and blind guarian.. not my cup of scotch ;-)

Here is the link of the festival:
http://www.progpower.com/pp_europe/index.htm

It will be fun... hehehe...

@ Phyros: I know it will take a few more days until that weekend arrives, but I already like to wish you loads of fun. :D

Originally posted by Phyros
@Blackspirit... Be carefull with what you offer, I might take you up on that ;) And I will not travel alone :lol:

Lol! >:eek:) Ya! I'll just kick my bf out of the appartment
and we're all set... hehe... I know he wouldn't mind,
not at all >:eek:P

But seriously though, you're going to the Borkisgig in
Oslo?! That means we'll have to meet up, again! :eek:)