tour news. And good luck Kats.l

I saw the first gig of this tour, @ Close-up festival in Stockholm.

I have to say I have seen Katatonia in better shape on stage.
They had a little bit of bad luck with the sound, since the overall sound was pretty thin and the guitar had very little punch, and on top of that the performance was not at its best.

As said before, the sound was thin and it was their -first- gig of the tour, and both those are good excuses for a sub-katatonia-par gig.

Still, they are among my favorite bands and those songs are all wonderfull pieces of music, so of course I enjoyed myself.

Set-list, not sure about order

Leaders
Wealth
Soil's Song
Teargas
Deadhouse
My Twin
Ghost of the Sun
Criminals
Deliberation
Tonights music
Sweet Nurse
In the white
Evidence

Something like that

although there's a great cold distance between me and the stages where ya guys are performing.. i really hope for you the best.. enjoy it! have a real good time and do what ya know we love/would die for.. let it be great... and cold! :D

for ya lucky bastards that are attending to the shows.. FUCK YOU! ( and please take some pics and bring some comments.. :oops: )

Cheers!

:kickass:

I already told my opinion about the Close Up fest... the only thing I complain about is that setlist could be a bit more fresh, but I liked the show a lot. I saw there some much more popular in Sweden bands who sounded way way worse. So I think it will be a great tour and hope I could visit some more Kata shows this year... Good luck, guys...

L0bster said:
Leaders
Wealth
Soil's Song
Teargas
Deadhouse
My Twin
Ghost of the Sun
Criminals
Deliberation
Tonights music
Sweet Nurse
In the white
Evidence

what? they didn't play July or Dissolving Bonds? :( so what is the "vote for your fave song off the album/single" thread good for? -.-

and also nothing from TD... :cry:

I left the Stockholm gig quite disappointed thanks to the sound quality and the setlist. I did enjoy "Criminals", "Sweet Nurse", "Tonight's Music" and to some extrent "My Twin" but I was still left unfilfilled. The set was mainly occupied with songs from the new album that I actually don't like. Yeah, I forsee the incoming flaming as I actually find some songs boring.

Hey L0bster, I forgot to ask you something when we met. How's the new Canopy coming along?

ok ok.....remember that was a festival......festival gigs are usually wrought with bullshit for bands.....as far as equipment and sound.....time limits on setlists etc.......I dont know how much these things were a factor of course.....but I will assume that this will not be the usual gig for Katatonia.....

so not having been there that is my take on the situation.......

stefan86 said:
Hey L0bster, I forgot to ask you something when we met. How's the new Canopy coming along?

Pretty off-topic :] . But anyway, we are finally done with all of the tracking. I'm currently transfering the files to Ola Englund for mixing. The mastering with Peter In De Betou is set for 26th of April, so we're in a hurry!

To bring things back to topic; I'm sure the non-festival gigs, as well as gigs further into the tour, will be better.

@L0bster: heh m'kay. Sorry I didn't have time to talk for longer, but I was in a hurry. Lets grab a few beers next time :p

Was anyone else annoyed by the fact that they cut out "Chrome" and "Complicity" from the Black Sessions set and kept much weaker songs from LFDGD and VE btw?

Chrome is easily weaker than Teargas, Tonight's Music or Sweet Nurse, so dropping it off is fine. Complicity on the other hand is a really good song and i'd rather drop Wealth (one of the only 3 weaker tracks on VE, others being Sleeper and One Year From Now) instead.

the setlist would be killer if they would start with Ghost Of The Sun, drop off Leaders and include July.

Heh. Chrome easily beats all those three songs, especially Teargas. That song is just one long chorus :p I do agree about dropping Ghost of The Sun and Leaders though. Both are easily among the worst songs on the respective albums.

stefan86 said:
Heh. Chrome easily beats all those three songs, especially Teargas. That song is just one long chorus :p I do agree about dropping Ghost of The Sun and Leaders though. Both are easily among the worst songs on the respective albums.

He said he wanted them to actually open with Ghost Of The Sun, not drop it ;)
And: OMG NO!!!! :OMG: Those are easily among the greatest on the respective albums! :worship:
But... taste... matter of... and stuff... ya know? :D

L0bster said:
Leaders
Wealth
Soil's Song
Teargas
Deadhouse
My Twin
Ghost of the Sun
Criminals
Deliberation
Tonights music
Sweet Nurse
In the white
Evidence

Something like that
Fuck,no TD at all and no july??I hope that would not be the playlist in Turkey...Though In the White would be enough to kill me!!!!We're goddamn lucky bastards;)

paINflames said:
He said he wanted them to actually open with Ghost Of The Sun, not drop it ;)
And: OMG NO!!!! :OMG: Those are easily among the greatest on the respective albums! :worship:
But... taste... matter of... and stuff... ya know? :D

Oh, now I see I got it wrong. But at least I got my point across somehow :p I guess I'll have to accept that the catchiest and a bit more substance-less songs will be the ones played. I'm just bugged to see songs like "Ghost of The Sun", "Evidence" and "Teargas" when there's no "Complicity", "Chrome" or "Distrust".

I regret they kicked out Complicity, but I never liked the way Chrome sounded live, though it's a killer song for sure. As for the new songs, I'd prefer Journey Through Pressure, Rusted or Follower instead of My Twin, but it's sort of impossible, so... But Leaders sounded quite mighty live, I guess... well, maybe it isn't strong enough for opener, but still... And I personally like Deliberation and In The White very much. They are catchy, but they keep a great atmosphere, and they are brilliant songs for sure. And yes, it's only a festival, so I guess they'll change their playlist for the upcoming shows a bit.