Tour North America, PLEASE!

Not every band become sellouts. I'm sure Kalmah wouldn't. I say let them tour America to get their name out there abit more. Plus I'd get to see them :) I don't feel like spending alot of money to go to Europe to see them right away since I'm fairly poor at the moment and I know no one who'd join me

They hardly tour anywhere as it is, Europe should come first because it rules so much more than America because we Europe does not sell out. Also there would be loads of metalcore fan boys who would go see them in America and then they would come on the forum saying do they have any other albums apart from the black waltz!

Feel_The_Force said:
They hardly tour anywhere as it is, Europe should come first because it rules so much more than America because we Europe does not sell out. Also there would be loads of metalcore fan boys who would go see them in America and then they would come on the forum saying do they have any other albums apart from the black waltz!
Europe doesn't sell out?

Ignorance on an epic scale. Also, if you advertise the band as a death metal band, the metalcore faggots won't show up. Besides, the tickets would sell out fast enough so that the hardcore kiddies wouldn't be able to get their hands on them.

Kalmah could sell tickets for $30 a pop EASY. One or possibly even two bands comparable to Norther, Wintersun, Sonata, etc. and they would sell out extremely quickly.

By the way, whats wrong with people who don't know much about bands they go to shows for? Isn't that an excellent way to expose people to your music? Frankly, I love hearing bands live so much more than listening to a cd; the live performance is a HUGE factor in how I determine who is a great band or not. If kids arn't allowed to be introduced to bands they havn't heard before, groups wouldn't get large fanbases. Have YOU been listening to Kalmah since before they got a record deal? No? Then who are you to talk about people jumping in later than others?

Coming across a band late in their careers doesn't make the fan any lesser of a fan, all that matters is how much someone genuinely enjoys the music and if they can identify with the music they are immersed with. Sure, people dress and act differently than others, but does someone's sense of style or other music tastes really make a difference? Nah :p

Ok so I just rambled for no reason, but the moral of the story is that KALMAH NEEDS TO COME TO NORTH AMERICA <3:headbang: :kickass:

average stalker said:
the metalcore crowd only shows up if a metalcore band plays and they usually leave after that opening band has played so they're not really a problem. i've seen Sodom, Nile, Overkill, Morbid Angel, Exodus and Necrophagist this year and none of those shows had metalcore fans in attendence. when i saw In Flames that was a completely different story because the other bands were Trivium, Devildriver and Zao.
Yeah that last In Flames tour sucked. There were so many kids I just wanted to hurt because they didn't know ANY of In Flames' songs. Sigh :(

Another fan from Quebec here. ^^

Kalmah with Norther would be damn nice, both bands are fuckin awesome :kickass: . I'd pay a lot to see em at least one time. But I don't wanna see em open for another band, like Bodom did for Slayer... I hate slayer... :puke:

If Kalmah came to Canada, they'd definatly have to go to Quebec, and I'm pretty sure it would sell out really fast. You'd have all the fans from The Maritimes coming up and then you'd have the whole Quebec metal scene there cause everyone loves Kalmah (or so i'm told hehe). I've noticed Insomnium has gotten a pretty big tour right now cause their new cd is being released soon, and I'm surprised Kalmah didn't do at least two weeks of touring in Europe which is sort of sad. But I guess they have a family and a full time job (which sucks for us) so it's harder to tour. But if they got to tour with a popular band, be it another Melodic band, Black metal, or some death or thrash, I'm sure everyone who was there, who hasn't heard of them before, would end up liking them.

But come to Canada cause we're cool like that :D New Brunswick has alot of marsh lands... sort of close to a swamp Hehehe

how about...... We all email Bodom saying how they'd have a kick ass show if they had those bands on tour with them. And since theres like...... a good dozen of us they might do it ;) hahaha

TheMoi said:
Then add Norther and Imperanon for the opening. :kickass:
oh god, that would be the best show EVER!! it would be one of the shows that you could die afterword and be happy, it would also be a dream come true! but instead of Norther and Imperanon getting a shitty 20 min set, they would get like 40 mins, and ETOS, Kalmah, and Bodom would all get a 90 min or so set. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :kickass: