Tour Report Part I

Danny

www.bandagegraphics.de
Tour – Report by Danny

Introducing:
My job was to do the merchandise so i’m telling you my story of the tour :cool:

16.04.05 Aabenraa (DK) – Nygadehuset

It was around 7:00am when i received a sms from michael (blackearthpromotion) who wrote
“we’re soon at your place to pick you up”. I drove with Michael and the dudes from Tomorrow’s Eve
to Aabenraa Nygadehuset in a van for 8 people….well, they had already a way of 9 hours behind them
so when we arrived at the hotel we just took some breakfast and go to sleep for some hours.
I just slept maybe 3 hours the last night so it was also good for me to get a little sleep.
At 4pm we were going to Nygadehuset and build up all stuff.
Around 9pm a local band called “Demon Sword” started for a “warm up” with a cool thrash metal
set….they haven’t released any demo stuff yet, so actually it was their first gig and
their frontman (guitarrist and vocalist) did very very well….and he’s just 15 o_O

After this the Support band “Dynamic Lights” from Italy started to blow people away with their experimental asskickin stuff.
My attention goes to the bass-player and drummer.
The bass-player played a 6-string and his parts and tapping was really awesome.
For the drummer just a few words:
Controlled, crazy and perfect. Just to see how a left handed dude plays the drums in the normal builded drumset. :hotjump:
His pattern are very experimental and hard to imagine how to replay them… :loco:
But the most crazy thing was that they drove around 2000km from italy to aabenraa...i think this could be called respect ! :OMG:

The next band “Tomorrow’s Eve” grilled people with a powerful prog-metal show.
very nice combination of guitar and keyboards.
here’s also a 6-string bass which was very impressive.
but most of my attention went again to the great drummer.
he was playing his snare hand like a jazz drummer and all of his toms and the snare were inclined for his special style,
very interesting to see him playing.

Headliner Nightingale was awesome. Great clear sound and well performed.
The open song “Nightfall Overture” started to make my hair stand up straight.
Sound was really dark and intense, created a sinister atmosphere and could be called “get ready for the night”. :worship:
I don’t know if it was, but I think the song was also a tiny bit slower than the original version from the first album…

After the “dark intro song to nightingale” the samples of “A Raincheck on my Demise”
introduced a powerful and floating riff which was fucking great !! :headbang:

3rd song was “Atlantis rising”, sometimes I missed the keyboard effects,
sounds like they were replaced with clear guitar sound, but nevertheless one of my favourite live songs.

“Deep inside of nowhere” had a really nice begining,
the part with flute was cut and replaced with a sample from
“A Lesson of Evil” – “I will have access to your mind and I’ll get what I want”.
Directly after this introducing dark voice the sound of the dominating bass
“smashed” into the faces of the first line before the stage.

“The Game”.. Damn I loved the crossfade from “Deep inside of nowhere” to this one.
Loved the sound of Dag’s guitar, another riff which went directly under the skin.

Now comes the “One “blinking” of the lonely ones”. I think this was the main attraction to see Dag with
a blinking “thing” in his mouth while he was playing a crazy riff…..
someone who had seen it knows what I mean :tickled:

Time to get wasted and rock til death with Shadowland Serendade…..
damn, I can’t remember if there was also “Eternal” in aabenraa…(should had write down every tracklist).

Back to ’96 with Revival, amazing performed !!

With a classic track, a mix of “God gives you shelter” as intro and black tears
people started to go crazy, I just could see hair :headbang: ;)

Last but not least: Nygadehuset also known as an “activity house” is a nice location for concerts, just
a negative point is they don’t allowed to open the windows while during a concert,
so it was really warm in there.
At this night there were around 80 people and as I said I did the merchandise and stuff was well spreaded.

Hope this report was okay, next report to come.
Stay tuned.
Danny

Danny said:
Tour – Report by Danny

Now comes the “One “blinking” of the lonely ones”. I think this was the main attraction to see Dag with
a blinking “thing” in his mouth while he was playing a crazy riff…..
someone who had seen it knows what I mean :tickled:

Dag truly looks evil with the blinking thingy...

Dynamic Lights was really a nice suprise and they seemd like nice fellows.
All my best to them!

Setlist for the tour:

Nightfall
Raincheck
Atlantis
Deep inside
Into the light ( Not in Ludwigs. )
Eternal ( " " )
Shadowland
Game
One of the lonely
Still alive
Invisible ( from Jena onwards )
Revival

Enigma ( soft part )
Stalingrad ( unplugged version,Barloo only )
Black tears
Steal the moon/Alive again ending
Losing myself ( Not in Ludwigsburg, Barloo )
Game over ( Bamberg only )

:headbang:

Thanks for a great report !

^ hey cool , thats what i've needed, thanks a lot....also for the praise ! :hotjump:

..but woops, was it wrong that i've written crossfade from "deep inside" to
"the game" or was it just one time and the other shows from shadowland to the game ? o_O

Danny said:
^ hey cool , thats what i've needed, thanks a lot....also for the praise ! :hotjump:

..but woops, was it wrong that i've written crossfade from "deep inside" to
"the game" or was it just one time and the other shows from shadowland to the game ? o_O

You´re wrong:D

Hey Dag,
would pe cool if you could post the Stalingrad unplugged version. Sounds interesting.
My Krefeld recording is pretty good I must say. I edited it yesterday and it improved a lot. Are you interested in it?

Unicorn said:
Hey Dag,
would pe cool if you could post the Stalingrad unplugged version. Sounds interesting.
My Krefeld recording is pretty good I must say. I edited it yesterday and it improved a lot. Are you interested in it?

Yes i am. I still don´t know about Barloo. The soundman recorded it on a MD
and i have no player yet but i have one soon. Those recordings ( thru mixer )
can sound good or horrible. I have all the other gig recorded on cassett with decent quality. Lets make a bootleg trade:D
If anyone else did a recording: let´s trade that too. "Krefeldt" was a good one

P.S "Stalingrad unplugged" is just me and Dan and the first half ( to the harpsicord stuff )

Gurgelguff said:
Yes i am. I still don´t know about Barloo. The soundman recorded it on a MD
and i have no player yet but i have one soon. Those recordings ( thru mixer )
can sound good or horrible. I have all the other gig recorded on cassett with decent quality. Lets make a bootleg trade:D
If anyone else did a recording: let´s trade that too. "Krefeldt" was a good one

P.S "Stalingrad unplugged" is just me and Dan and the first half ( to the harpsicord stuff )

Does it means that you although want a second version of the same gig??