tour with Nocturnal Rites and Edguy

Esanssi said:
Well, there weren't so many people at Tampere? The stage was bigger but the people were even more lame at Tampere that they were in Helsinki. But how was the crowd on both shows?
I was thinking more of my own performance. :tickled: Other than that I always have a good time.

Urban breed said:
I was thinking more of my own performance. :tickled: Other than that I always have a good time.

That's great. So it's possible that we will see Tad Morose again in Finland? Next time I'll be in front row and know the songs too!

WIntersReflection said:
By the way, Esanssi, your signature ROCKS! :>)

Thanks!

I'm a long time fan of King Diamond & Mercyful Fate. Own all King Diamond albums and "classic" Mercyful Fate albums Melissa & Don't Break The Oath.

My King Diamond ranking(they're in no order inside the sections...)

Classic period:
Abigail
"Them"
Conspiracy

Good efforts:
The Eye
House Of God
The Fatal Portrait

Somewhere in between:
The Spider's Lullabye
The Puppet Master

The Bottom:
The Graveyard
Voodoo
Abigail II

I really can't decide which one of his "classics" is the best one.

The Eye is also very good despite of the drum machine.
I really like House Of God. It's pretty solid from start to finish although the candied "Goodbye" shatters a bit. I don't think that it's a surprise that "Just A Shadow" is my favorite song from this album. Glen Drover's solo is just so awesome.
The Fatal Portrait is also a pretty good effort. "Dressed in White" alone is a reason to buy this album.

The Spider's Lullabye has some good songs and ideas but fails to work as a whole. Same goes for The Puppet Master.

The Graveyard is "every artist's compulsory different album". Some love it, for me it's mostly pretty boring and sounds are pretty dull.
Voodoo is mostly boring album, some good ideas here and there.
Can't say much about Abigail II. This is the album that made me hate "official boards". Diamondbangers forum praised this album to heavens before it's release and after that. Some listenable songs but nothing that would make it a classic. Of course I'm being sceptic when an artist makes a "follow-up" to his most praised album after 15 years!

I really haven't got into Mercyful Fate. Maybe it's the disturbing satanic lyrics? I guess I'll give "MF" a second try when I have time...

Well, I just wanted to say thanks for "WinterReflection" and it turned out to a deep King Diamond -analysis. You can share your opinions of King Diamond too. Positive as well as negative opinions are welcome!

I'm one of those people who really liked the Graveyard & Voodoo to be honest. :}
Man THAT album was disturbing!

The Eye is one of my all time fav albums though, Insanity has got to be one of the saddest instrumentals I have ever heard! :}

Esanssi said:
Thanks!

I'm a long time fan of King Diamond & Mercyful Fate. Own all King Diamond albums and "classic" Mercyful Fate albums Melissa & Don't Break The Oath.

My King Diamond ranking(they're in no order inside the sections...)

Classic period:
Abigail
"Them"
Conspiracy

Good efforts:
The Eye
House Of God
The Fatal Portrait

Somewhere in between:
The Spider's Lullabye
The Puppet Master

The Bottom:
The Graveyard
Voodoo
Abigail II

I really can't decide which one of his "classics" is the best one.

The Eye is also very good despite of the drum machine.
I really like House Of God. It's pretty solid from start to finish although the candied "Goodbye" shatters a bit. I don't think that it's a surprise that "Just A Shadow" is my favorite song from this album. Glen Drover's solo is just so awesome.
The Fatal Portrait is also a pretty good effort. "Dressed in White" alone is a reason to buy this album.

The Spider's Lullabye has some good songs and ideas but fails to work as a whole. Same goes for The Puppet Master.

The Graveyard is "every artist's compulsory different album". Some love it, for me it's mostly pretty boring and sounds are pretty dull.
Voodoo is mostly boring album, some good ideas here and there.
Can't say much about Abigail II. This is the album that made me hate "official boards". Diamondbangers forum praised this album to heavens before it's release and after that. Some listenable songs but nothing that would make it a classic. Of course I'm being sceptic when an artist makes a "follow-up" to his most praised album after 15 years!

I really haven't got into Mercyful Fate. Maybe it's the disturbing satanic lyrics? I guess I'll give "MF" a second try when I have time...

Well, I just wanted to say thanks for "WinterReflection" and it turned out to a deep King Diamond -analysis. You can share your opinions of King Diamond too. Positive as well as negative opinions are welcome!

WIntersReflection said:
I'm one of those people who really liked the Graveyard & Voodoo to be honest. :}
Man THAT album was disturbing!

The Eye is one of my all time fav albums though, Insanity has got to be one of the saddest instrumentals I have ever heard! :}

Don't get me wrong, I really like The Eye and it would be on "classic section" if King wouldn't have used a drum machine on that album. It just sounds too sterile and clinical to be enjoyable.

The Graveyard is very different from King's previous works but the sounds are pretty muddy and the music is pretty dull compared to his previous pieces. Some listenable songs like "Black Hill Sanitarium" and "Waiting". The Graveyard was my first King Diamond album, though.