touring : 2nd guitar goes to...

I like both Hypocrisy and COB and I don't see what the big deal is... Seriously, Laiho's just going to be a guitar player and he CAN play guitar.
He's not going to steal the show, he's friends with Peter... Seriously, if you toured with a friend's band would YOU try to steal the show? Even if you don't like COB you like Hypocrisy and therefore should trust their judgement on who should take their guitar slot.

As for all the worries that Laiho will put his own twist on things, it's doubtful, but if he did it's very unlikely that it'd be Bodomesque. He can play other styles too, he says himself that he's got a shit ton of riffs that he likes and hasn't used because they didn't sound right for COB.

Stop your bitching and just enjoy the show!

I seriously doubt if Alexi is happy to stay "in the shadows" and be the actual second guitarist. To us, the Hypocrisy is all about this awesome threesome - Tägtgren, Horgh & Hedlund - not some guitar-hero-wannebe from Finland. If Alexi can understand this and cope with it, it's going to be just fine and this tour will be a real success. However, I don't want to know about the state of their liver after the tour. Still, I wouldn't be that surprised if some nights were cancelled due to the worst kind of hangover. I know that Peter is professional and wouldn't approve it but still.. It's Alexi they are touring with. Anything could happen. And still, they ARE very good drinking pals.

Good point. I mean, everybody keeps saying that Laiho won't steal the show. How they know it? I'm not saying he will, but you never know.

Omg.. "fanbois,true metal,yeayea alexi is fuckin asshole, yeh fuck cob blah blah" - all this is just big LOAD of shit.
Srew all that "truevnuidhgdjf metal".. ...posers forum.
CMAN! He will be just 2nd guitarist for fuck sakes calm down at last! How he would "steal gig" from peter? Maybe if he will add some improvistion.. yeh he will possibly gonna steal it.. And hell yea i wanna see that! (And posts here after that) :kickass:

Obvious fanboi is obvious,so nobody should take you srsly.

well, i was planning on going even before alexi was announced to be the second guitarist

good thing the show is 18+ though. otherwise there would be a shitload of 12 year olds going just for alexi :lol:

well, i was planning on going even before alexi was announced to be the second guitarist

good thing the show is 18+ though. otherwise there would be a shitload of 12 year olds going just for alexi :lol:

i think 18+ is shit! im 16 (nearly 17) and i cant go to a concert next month because its in a "Raucherclub" (dont know how to translate....club where you smoke?:D) . so i really think that this is shit. i just want to enjoy the music as you would like to...so why shouldnt i be able to attend the show?
in a way i understand your point...i dont want to stand between 12 year old kids either...but this wont happen! do you really think 12 year old alexi fans (CoB-fans) will listen to hypocrisy?

as far as i know you have to be 16 for the hypocrisy gig in bochum so nothing will hold me back from going there;)

Ugh, i dont even like how its advertised on my local venue's page

Children Of Bodom's frontman Alexi Laiho is filling in on guitar for Hypocrisy
featuring:

Ensiferum

Hypocrisy

Exdeo

Blackguard

Cynonyte

Ugh, i dont even like how its advertised on my local venue's page

Children Of Bodom's frontman Alexi Laiho is filling in on guitar for Hypocrisy
featuring:

Ensiferum

Hypocrisy

Exdeo

Blackguard

Cynonyte

You're kidding, right?:err::ill:

hahahaha fucking promoters

You can bash all the time!! but actually Hypocrisy will gain more recognition with Alexi on guitar!! because the band isn't so well known, like it or not...

is that a reason for making me happy about Alexi as 2º guitarrist??

this guys from the cob forum are really Alexi-cocksuckers

i don't know why they spend their time here to impress us... i don't like Alexi, for me he is a pop guy and thats all... an opinion

i think 18+ is shit! im 16 (nearly 17) and i cant go to a concert next month because its in a "Raucherclub" (dont know how to translate....club where you smoke?:D) . so i really think that this is shit. i just want to enjoy the music as you would like to...so why shouldnt i be able to attend the show?
in a way i understand your point...i dont want to stand between 12 year old kids either...but this wont happen! do you really think 12 year old alexi fans (CoB-fans) will listen to hypocrisy?

as far as i know you have to be 16 for the hypocrisy gig in bochum so nothing will hold me back from going there;)

agreed wholeheartedly

i didnt even think about that before i typed, my bad :lol:

Or just like in this case, it's for the artists who want to drink beer together and listen to Slayer.

There have been some articles in Finland that Tägtgren & Laiho are good drinking pals, so this musical sensation wasn't really a surprise for me at all. I think it was me, who was kind of hoping on this forum to see Hypocrisy and COB on the same stage at the same night...? However, this wasn't the way I wanted it to happen.

This is exactly what I think, I think Pain were trying to get on tour with CoB at one point (they were discussing it in april 2008 for end of 2008), but in the end both bands ended up doing a headlining tour at the same time.

talk about a shitty comment
I would prefer to have Hypocrisy unknown than having reckognition for something that is not part of the band at all.
Meh, he's right and I imagine Hypocrisy thought about it that way too. With Laiho as a guitar player a lot of COB (a more well known band) fans will listen to Hypocrisy who perhaps haven't before. If they decide they like it then they'll remain Hypocrisy fans after Laiho has finished playing for them.

well then they should fucking hire Ringo Starr as the new touring drummer so we would gather billions of new fans around the world!

*sarcasm* MAN THAT WOULD SO FUCKING OWN *sarcasm*

Since it ever has been the ideal of metal to gather as many people as possible around bands... (NOT!)
i don't think Peter decided to ask alexi just to "convert" some of COB's fans, I think he did it because he needed a second guitarist and alexi can play pretty well, and since they are buddies he would most likely say "yes".

I think that was about it, nothing more and nothing less.
It is not about how many fans they got. If it was, he had shut down hypocrisy long time ago and kept PAIN.

Sorry, I realize my post didn't sound the way I meant it to. I didn't mean that that was the sole reason for Peter's choice, merely that he probably realized that this was a likely result of his choice and wasn't averse to this result :p

As for the not caring about fans, I don't think that's strictly true. I think that they care more about making the music they enjoy than how many fans they have but still want to have a lot of fans. I mean, personally, I'd love it if I could make a living out making music but I wouldn't play anything I didn't like or play anything for the sole reason of getting fans.

Sorry, I realize my post didn't sound the way I meant it to. I didn't mean that that was the sole reason for Peter's choice, merely that he probably realized that this was a likely result of his choice and wasn't averse to this result :p

As for the not caring about fans, I don't think that's strictly true. I think that they care more about making the music they enjoy than how many fans they have but still want to have a lot of fans. I mean, personally, I'd love it if I could make a living out making music but I wouldn't play anything I didn't like or play anything for the sole reason of getting fans.

Not caring about fans was probably wrong, too.
I meant he doesn't do something just to get more fans.