Touring USA in February/March 2011 (Supporting Cradle of Filth)

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH . . . . . . I can not make it tomorrow to Starland. I am so far behind with work that I just can't run away for 5 hours. I am bumed beyond recognition. Work has piled way high lately. I had to make a tough call: I am going to Baltimore, but can not go to New Jersey. Rather have one show I can enjoy than go to two shows and have work stuff lingering in my mind.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

Report from Philadelphia: I am tired and my throat hurts. Oh wait, this is meant to be report about the band/show. Great show, great atmosphere, excellent entertainment.

Playset:
To Holmgard and Beyond
One More
The Great Escape
The March of the Varangian Guard
Battle Metal

Beer:
Mathias had Miller Lite. Most of the time, he could not find it.

My Photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=110797&id=1465759849&l=511bd5575c

cheers,

Cool pictures!

As for the beer report, Mathias was drinking Kokanee here, which he commented that he liked. Which I find extremely funny because he made some not-so-favorable remarks about it the previous time I'd seen Turisas when I held up the side of a Koff box. :lol:

Just got back from the Baltimore show. It was just as great as the Philly show. At the end, there were a ton of people waiting to chat and take photos with Olli and Jaakko. The two did a great job handling the public relations aspect.

There are a few folks to whom I owe photos and told them to come here. I will download them tomorrow. Right now I am beat up after the drive home. Please email me if I owe you photos: wm_crash@hotmail.com

I also had the chance to meet Roark (see messages above).

Playset:
To Holmgard and Beyond
One More
Take the Day
The March of the Varangian Guard
Battle Metal

Beer:
Mathias had no beer onstage. Let me say that again: Mathias had no beer onstage.

Lucky me:
Somewhere between the beginning and the end of the Turisas set, they placed some used signed drumheads at the merch booth. I bought the bass drumhead presigned with authographs from all Turisas members and the Daniel Lioneye members. There were two more tom heads (I think a 12" and a 16", but I could be wrong) signed by the same folks which sold like hot bread.

Drums:
In Philly, Tude used a 4 piece kit fit for a jazz setup. This time in Baltimore, he had his large kit. Both times, he killed the kit!

Facepaint:
I went painted as Jaakko. He confirmed that makes me the first one ever to don his signature facepaint.
\,,/_____(oO)_____\,,/

cheers,

Edit note: Thanks for correcting me, Roark!

I went to the show on Saturday in starland, then again on Sunday in baltimore. Met so many awesome turisas fans, including crash! I disagree with the baltimore setlist he posted though. I thought the third song was take the day, not great escape. I had been drinking though so who knows! In jersey, they did varangian guard third and hunting pirates fourth. Pirates was awesome, hope to see that one again in the future. Cheers all, enjoy the show, it's FANTASTIC albeit short...

I wonder why we didn't get much for new songs here....
Oh well, I'm just happy that it was such an excellent set, even if it was too short. And if Mathias was telling the truth and Turisas will be back on a headlining tour shortly, I'm sure I'll hear all the new material then.

I am assuming that since Netta got sick and left the tour, they focused more on material where the accordion was not as essential, which basically makes the new material more befitting.

cheers,

and I think they also placed a lot of old stuff because of the singing-along-effect I guess...

Tude´s drumkit with the black-red stripes somehow irritates me. I don´t know why.