Touring USA in February/March 2011 (Supporting Cradle of Filth)

I was able to find this video of Turisas playing Battle Metal on Feb. 8th. The guy who recorded this was even able to record Mathias making fun of the justin beber show going on near the concert. Ah, the memories...

Last edited by a moderator:
...man those stage outfits look already like they´d be screaming and begging for a washing machine (compared to the clean ones I saw LOL)... XD
Its hard find a descent laundry when you are traveling trough long distances tought haha once i remember saw guy of Dark Tranquillity drying their show clothes in the window of the venue XD

wanna see the video :( need to wait till home

washing stage clothes doesn´t really work on tour anyways unless you find the time to look for a dryer hahaha

I would venture to say those clothes need dry cleaning. Bad stuff can happen to them in a washing machine and a dryer. I don't know of any dry cleaning place that has next day service. It's a sticky situation, and they are only one third into the tour :(

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

I find it sympathetic that you guys worry about the stage clothes at this point; I just switched to new gear after using the same fur costume for about 4 years and rinsing it maybe 4 times in total :)

As a secret I can tell you these new ones were never meant to be shiny and fresh in the first place... we are hardly a band that would make good spokespersons for a washing detergent anyway.

Greetings from Montana, forum-ites (forumians? forum people? whatever!)

That just happens when I have my housewife-thinking-phase, but don´t worry, it´s already over XD

forum-ites? Uuuuuh Olli, that sounds like insects >.<

Hahaha Edd.. that is completely understanding.. we are more focus in the show :p
The best show I am ever see O_O I´m continue even in shock I cannot believe we saw it :OMG: LOL
Any way we take good videos and the pictures rules!! .. more in which they appear in the Mariachi hat :hotjump:

22.02.2011 - ACCORDIONIST NETTA SKOG DROPS OFF NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

Netta Skog, accordion player of the Finnish battle metal band Turisas, has been forced to leave the band's ongoing North American tour due to health reasons. After abruptly leaving the stage mid-show at the House of Blues, Chicago on 20 February, it was clear her current condition requires immediate attention. According to the band, Skog will not be performing at least for the next few shows; more info will follow. The band is currently on tour with Cradle of Filth, supporting their upcoming album titled "Stand Up and Fight". NB: Turisas are not cancelling / postponing any shows - the band WILL be appearing as advertised.

I wonder what it is.
But whatever it is I hope it'll be treated and she'll be able get on with playing again soon. :) And I wonder if they'll be getting anyone to step in for her..?

maybe it´s her knee (the ultimate USA issue)....
oh yeah, stomach flu it could also be, looking at my FB friendlist I can tell that nearly half of the people who either live or are there atm have (or had) it :S

@Kele
yeah, good one...I was like "hm, how do the songs sound without accordion" last evening and tried to imagine this. The outcome, was, well, not that awesome >.<

This was the setlist from February 16th:

Intro
Holmgard
Uno Mas
Jarislev
Stand Up and Fight
Battle Metal

I didn't get the setlist, but someone I know did.
Overall, the set was excellent. Although the crowd at that point was relatively small due to everyone sitting in the bar downstairs (as no alcohol was allowed near the stage), the people that were there were completely into Turisas. There were quite a few people dressed up and I seen a couple of tour shirts from the last time Turisas were here. Of course I don't have to go on about how energetic the set was to people on this board, I still thought it was superb. They even had a pretty good pit going on. Even though the set was shorter than many of us would have preferred, Turisas definitely upstaged every other band, including Cradle of Filth.
According to the venue security, quite a few people left after Turisas.
I also definitely loved the new costumes.

As for Netta now having to drop off the tour, I hope whatever happened to her isn't too serious and that she gets well soon.