Touring USA in February/March 2011 (Supporting Cradle of Filth)

Some dude commented on Turisas Facebook "I hope you got the problems worked out, the Houston show was upsetting." What happened in Houston? Or is it just usual for that place to go "Houston, we have a problem" no matter what?

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

I think there were some sound-issues or so, I may be mistaken, but I read that somewhere...

Apparently this was the setlist for February 2nd:

Intro (whatever that means...)
Holmgard
Jarislev
March TVG
Stand Up and Fight
Battle Metal

If they only get to play that short of a setlist next week, I'm going to be very disappointed. Assuming they will play right before COF, I would have hoped they would have been afforded a little more time. It seems to me that they played a longer set when I seen them open for Dragonforce...

That's from setlist.fm, so from what I understand, people who've attended the show state the setlist. If that's true, who knows how accurate it is. Apparently Cradle's been playing about 15 songs a night.

As far as I can tell from the posters, they aren't playing directly before CoF. The order looks more like Daniel Lioneye-Turisas-Nachmystium-CoF. Four bands, so less set time for openers I suppose. From that latest Nygard interview though, it seems like they're planning on coming back to the US later this year to play some longer shows. I hope so (although I'm still excited for this show, no doubt.)

That's kind of disappointing. I was hoping they'd play right before COF.
I figured they're a little more well-known than Nachmystium, so they'd be playing in the third slot.
Hopefully they do come back and perhaps headline some shows. That would be awesome.

[at the risk of being called opinionated bastard yet again]
I think a lot of this is caused by recording companies pulling strings rather than band popularity. Take for example Sonata Arctica's last tour: Powerglove, Mutiny Within, Sonata Arctica . . . in that order. Powerglove (can start a pit) is way bigger than Mutiny Within (can not start a pit), but still ended up being the very opening act. RoadRunner was there big time trying to generate hype about Mutiny Within, whereas Powerglove are on a rather indie type label.

cheers,

[at the risk of being called opinionated bastard yet again]
I think a lot of this is caused by recording companies pulling strings rather than band popularity. Take for example Sonata Arctica's last tour: Powerglove, Mutiny Within, Sonata Arctica . . . in that order. Powerglove (can start a pit) is way bigger than Mutiny Within (can not start a pit), but still ended up being the very opening act. RoadRunner was there big time trying to generate hype about Mutiny Within, whereas Powerglove are on a rather indie type label.

cheers,

Yeah, like most other things, the band doesn't have much say in matters like this.
It's kind of a strange line-up on this tour anyways, in my opinion.

Hey guys! I was at the show on February 8th in Los Angeles and Turisas was amazing! I turned my brother and his friend from people who had never heard of Turisas into complete Turisas fans! I even got a free SUAF poster when I bought two shirts from the merch guy.

and a review - not much about turisas, therefore I quote it:

As we got into the show late, we ended up missing all of Turisas, except for most of the last song. All I have to say about that is LAME. They seem like a really cool live band, and there’s something kind of sexy about a hot chick headbanging while playing accordion, so to have caught the whole set would have been sweet. Based on half of one live song: 7 out of 10.

http://www.funeralrain.net/2011/02/16/live-review-cradle-of-filth-with-nachtmystium/