Tracks to practice mixing? Looking for melodic metalcore if possible

KenDeavers

New Metal Member
Oct 19, 2011
Hey guys!

Does anyone know of any of these? Ive been reading this forum for a little bit now, and I've found some songs, but I'm looking for something similar to the bands that Joey does.

A good balance of clean/scream vocals would be sweet!

This would be AWESOME if anyone could help me with this!

-Ken

A good place to start would be the Sneap forum. They have a Sticky Thread called "Mixes to practice with" or something. Can't say what kind of music you'll find but you'll prolly run into a few post hardcore mixes.

Hey guys, Hey Goodfellas453 :) Just downloading your mix file. Gonna give it a try, hope i´ll do well, haha. Where was this recorded at and with what equipment? (Amps, cabs, mics etc) Cheers, Erik.

this was all recorded at my home studio, drums were programmed, bass and guitar were DI into my interface, vocals were recorded from my sm57 with a outboard compressor with light compression.

there arent any amp tracks, unless you want me to print my tracks with the amp sims on em?

Goodfellas: Hey, yeah, that would be sick! since i dont really like using amp sims cuz they sound like SHIT and i dont have a re-amping box, so....
Would it also be possible if you could upload the drum-map? when i loaded your midi drum-map into my pro tools only tom hits were able to be seen...weird...
Got some really cool ideas for this mix sofar.. Cheers, Erik