TRANSCENDING return to the stage!!

The guys know my opinion on doom, I still liked what I heard though. I'll openly say though that I don't enjoy the new stuff as much as the old stuff.... keep in mind, I rated the album as one of my favourite of all time

I rated the album as one of my favourite of all time
+1

I suppose a large part of why the first album was so awesome was that they were playing what they were passionate about and wanted to play, not what they thought people necessarily wanted to hear. To that end, if they're not interested in continuing in the same direction any more and they tried to force another album in the same vein it would probably sound forced as a result and disappoint a lot more people than just those who don't want a doom-y direction. At the end of the day as long as it's not fag music like nu-metal or dance... as Uncle Chop would say, fuck'n good on 'em!

It's inevitable TM are going to lose most of the fans who loved their Prog/Power Metal material with the directional change. I daresay 95% of them/you are into a lot of Melodic Metal (especially Prog/Power) and the only thing that will encourage anyone to cling on to the new stuff are the very small amount of proggy elements that surfaced, and the vocal/guitar melodies, also in short supply.

It's pretty miraculous that TM's gay material ever had anything in it that appealed to me but jesusfuckshit, its gold. However, I like a lot more Doom than Prog/Power, and I am grateful Sabine has ruined the band.

That first song gave me a boner.

Personally, I'd change the band name and put TM to rest even though that might undo a little hard work over the last couple of years.

p.s. Nat was impressive.

I totally understand peoples reaction to the new stuff but honestly, although it's a lot slower and darker, most of the elements that people liked about the older stuff are still there. There are still heaps of progressive parts and memorable melodies. In fact i think the new material is as progressive as anything on The Last Horizon.

Isn't progressive metal about progressing anyway? I'm personally into bands who don't release the same album over and over again and bands who keep surprising you with their new releases. Although some would disagree i always thought of us more as a progressive metal band than a power metal band with some prog influences so all we are really doing is trying new things as a progressive metal band.

At the end of the day we can only write music that we would want to hear and i really can't imagine having anything to add musically to the prog/power scene.

Despite all this we actually did consider changing the name for a while but decided against it.

It's good to hear your opinions anyway, good or bad. :)

I personally think it would not only be a backward step to change the band name but also it's a really good name in my opinion and one worth keeping.
Also who's to say in 2 years time they don't move on to another style or feel like incorporating some of their old trademarks back into the band? Nothing can be predicted.
A positive thing is that TM are showing everyone that they are not restricted to any one genre or able to not try anything they want.At the moment Doom is what is influencing them a lot but they can really make a name for themselves as a band who can do whatever they want and the fans who like bands that aren't predictable will stay with the band.I know personally that all the members listen to a very wide scope of types of music both in and out of Metal. Even the first album showed how varied the band is.No two songs on that are really the same and the first written "Into The Light" compared to the last "Beyond Remembrance" are very different indeed.They should just be called a melodic Metal band as those two elements i'm sure will always be there.
Album #3 guys please please please go Norwegian Black Metal! For me.haha :)

Eck, doesnt sound like ill be a fan of the new transcending. Damnit. Whens the next gig anyhoo? Looks like im getting every 2nd weekend off, maybe a return to gigs for Stormster? Who knows, probably not :lol:

I totally understand peoples reaction to the new stuff but honestly, although it's a lot slower and darker, most of the elements that people liked about the older stuff are still there. There are still heaps of progressive parts and memorable melodies. In fact i think the new material is as progressive as anything on The Last Horizon.

Isn't progressive metal about progressing anyway? I'm personally into bands who don't release the same album over and over again and bands who keep surprising you with their new releases. Although some would disagree i always thought of us more as a progressive metal band than a power metal band with some prog influences so all we are really doing is trying new things as a progressive metal band.

At the end of the day we can only write music that we would want to hear and i really can't imagine having anything to add musically to the prog/power scene.

Despite all this we actually did consider changing the name for a while but decided against it.

It's good to hear your opinions anyway, good or bad. :)

Sounds similar to what the dudes from Paradise Lost were on about...

But yes , its your music to do with as you want at the end of the day.

well i think their new songs are bloody mighty as fuck!
the show was by far the best local show i've ever seen. tight band, awesome music, fantastic singing and a great presence.
guys, you absolutely kick ass! keep it up!

I personally think it would not only be a backward step to change the band name but also it's a really good name in my opinion and one worth keeping.
Also who's to say in 2 years time they don't move on to another style or feel like incorporating some of their old trademarks back into the band? Nothing can be predicted.
A positive thing is that TM are showing everyone that they are not restricted to any one genre or able to not try anything they want.At the moment Doom is what is influencing them a lot but they can really make a name for themselves as a band who can do whatever they want and the fans who like bands that aren't predictable will stay with the band.I know personally that all the members listen to a very wide scope of types of music both in and out of Metal. Even the first album showed how varied the band is.No two songs on that are really the same and the first written "Into The Light" compared to the last "Beyond Remembrance" are very different indeed.They should just be called a melodic Metal band as those two elements i'm sure will always be there.
Album #3 guys please please please go Norwegian Black Metal! For me.haha :)

Hit the nail on the head with that post mate.

As far as Norwegian Black Metal goes, well if you told me a few years ago that we'd be writing doom style material i would have laughed at you so you never know :)

P.S I can guarantee we will never play anything resembling Norwegian Black Metal. :lol: