Transportation from Airport

YtseJammer

Mar 22, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
My flight lands at 10:30 or so Friday morning. What's the cheapest and quickest way from the airport to the Granada hotel? Details please! The faster I get to my room, the more time I have to prepare for the night's events.

The Marta runs straight from inside the airport to one block from the venue (and the surrounding area). Go to the "travel" section on the main website and check out the complete details.

It is *highly* reccommended.

Glenn H

Unless you live in Atlanta :) The Granada is about 20 minutes from the Airport via the Marta. Boo ya three weeks!!!

Bear

That's kinda what I thought from looking @ the site as well, but then I saw somewhere it said something about a $25 trip from the airport ... I wasn't sure if they were just comparing to maybe a cab fair, but I'm from freaking Texas so I'm not even familiar with how much a cab would cost ... lol
Thanks for the help!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

A cab ride from the airport to midtown is $35 flat regardless of which company you use.

Unless you need transportation after midnight, Marta is the way to go.

Glenn H.

DAMN!! 35 bucks?? Not that Im horrendously cheap or anything but I was gonna save as much money as possible for shirts/cds and stuff. About how far a walk is the Fairfield from the Airport? Do any buses run from the airport to the general area of the Fairfield? Im getting in Thurs at midnight so I cant take the Marta. Depending on how far the hotel is I might just walk to the hotel with a fresh pack of Marlboros to keep me company. Oh btw Tess. Which part of Texas are you from? Im from the anti-metal of the world, Midland.

Ben

You take the Marta to Arts Center Station as planned. You walk 2 blocks to the Fairfield. The Fairfield is only 1 block from Earthlink Live. From the Marta website:

MARTA's rail system operates from approximately 5 a.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Friday and from 5 a.m to midnight on weekends and holidays.

There is no bus from the airport.

Glenn H

Originally posted by Daybreaker
Oh btw Tess. Which part of Texas are you from? Im from the anti-metal of the world, Midland.

Hey Ben --
I live about 35 minutes north of Houston! :) Bleh ...
Actually -- I have a friend (Hiiii Derron!!!!) Who has been to Prog Power all three years (this year of course being the third) and he lived in Midland just last year ....
He has since moved :p :D :p So it's not THAT anti-metal ;)