"Traveling Alone" vocal cover

orcslayr23

Jan 30, 2008
CT, USA
Hey guys, below is the link to my soundcloud page and my vocal cover of "Traveling Alone", one of my favorite Woods songs! This is my first ever attempt at formal clean singing (my specialty is screaming). Considering the previous statement, I think it came out pretty decent. Follow me if you'd like, i'll be posting more vocal covers soon. Feedback is appreciated!
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/orcslayr23[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Man, it's really cool! You have very beautiful voice. You always must sing like that x)
And here your voice is a liiiiittle shaky.
however, it's great. I even share your cover with my friend, who is choosey in music x))

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it; it's encouraging to hear. I'm hoping to do another one this week; I'd like to do both screaming and singing, perhaps something that requires more of a range than Traveling Alone.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it; it's encouraging to hear. I'm hoping to do another one this week; I'd like to do both screaming and singing, perhaps something that requires more of a range than Traveling Alone.
It will be interesting - screaming and singing in your performance! :)
Waiting eagerly! :headbang:
P.S. And what about song? Which will be next? May be, "Adora Vivos"? There are clean vocals and screaming.

It will be interesting - screaming and singing in your performance! :)
Waiting eagerly! :headbang:
P.S. And what about song? Which will be next? May be, "Adora Vivos"? There are clean vocals and screaming.

My next vocal cover won't be a Woods one. I have a few artists/songs in mind but i'm still deciding on which one to do next. I think I have an idea on what my 'range' is but I don't want to throw a band/song out there and have it turn out that it's out of my range lol.

In the meantime, if you're interested in hearing my screaming voice, you should check out my band ORCumentary! Links are in the sig. Because my band is all screaming I will probably do more singing-oriented covers, but I have a few songs in mind where I could do both.

Thanks for your interest btw! :D

For a first attempt at clean vocals, it's pretty good. It is a bit shaky in some parts, but it sounds like you should be able to work that out with practice. Keep it up, you have some real vocal potential.

Thanks! I've noticed the shakiness in my voice but idk how to correct it. Would you (or the singer in your band) have any tips? I'm not sure if it's just something that goes away after doing it for a while or what...

Thanks! I've noticed the shakiness in my voice but idk how to correct it. Would you (or the singer in your band) have any tips? I'm not sure if it's just something that goes away after doing it for a while or what...

You could shoot Scott a message on facebook. You're friends with him right?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's just practice. Getting the technique down and just being confident. I'm sure if you asked Scott he'd probably tell you a lot of it is just having the balls to get behind the mic and just let it go.

My next vocal cover won't be a Woods one. I have a few artists/songs in mind but i'm still deciding on which one to do next. I think I have an idea on what my 'range' is but I don't want to throw a band/song out there and have it turn out that it's out of my range lol.

In the meantime, if you're interested in hearing my screaming voice, you should check out my band ORCumentary! Links are in the sig. Because my band is all screaming I will probably do more singing-oriented covers, but I have a few songs in mind where I could do both.

Thanks for your interest btw! :D

Ah! Other songs. But however it's interesting to listen!
And I've already checked! And I noted that your band have outstanding performance c:

And, what about me, I wanna to create some cover, I like singing but my voice is bad :rofl: And I'm afraid that it will be awful. So, now I'm just dreaming x)

I just posted another cover, "Escape" by Amorphis. Mostly singing, but there are a couple lines of screaming in it as well. The range was more challenging than Travelling Alone.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/amorphis-unofficial/873889-escape-vocal-cover.html

Well maybe you could practice privately until you feel more confident with your voice? I'm not an expert by any means so i'm not sure if I could give you that much advice.

I just posted another cover, "Escape" by Amorphis. Mostly singing, but there are a couple lines of screaming in it as well. The range was more challenging than Travelling Alone.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/amorphis-unofficial/873889-escape-vocal-cover.html

Well maybe you could practice privately until you feel more confident with your voice? I'm not an expert by any means so i'm not sure if I could give you that much advice.

I like your covers! :loco: Very good works.

bout practice: now I'm trying to open my voice, and sometimes I can do it, sometimes not x)) But I will keep trying.
Fortunately, I have some ear for music x)