Trend on concept albums...

Nightmare1z said:
The Fiddler-

I thought the same thing after hearing Genius - 1. It was good I thought, but felt weak in some area's and could have been stronger.

The second one is much better I feel - the melodies stronger, heavier, and just better songwriting.

Hopefully the third continues the trend.

Russell Allen rocks on it too! \n/

I really liked the Lana Lane track on the first CD. Is she on the second CD?

Alright...basically I'm familiar with Avantasia (obviously), and Aina. I also have purchased the Frameshift projects, Madmen & Sinners, all the Consortium Project, etc., etc. Additionally, I have all the requisite albums by 'Ryche, Shadow Gallery, Nevermore, Savatage, Kamelot, POS, Dio, Evergrey, etc.

I got the Star One CD/DVD thing...wasn't impressed...can someone tell me more about that and the Genius project that might impress me?

After reading the glowing review of the new Ayreon album from Metal Reviews (great site, Ben!), I decided to take a chance and order it.

I've never been into any of the Ayreon or Star One stuff and was kinda ambivalent about the Star One Live DVD/CD thing I purchased on a whim...maybe I should go back and re-listen...

Anyone else have any opinions on Ayreon (or Arjen, in general?) or Genius or any of the other obscure projects I might be missing out on?