Tribute to DEATH to include members of Slipknot, CKY, Malevolent Creation and others

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting...

Anyway, back to intelligent conversation.
This CD is showing what the Slipknot and CKY member(s) can do, and it'll probably make or break peoples opinion on them within the metal community.

Deron miller though.. hmm, he's got some good things on some pre-CKY shit... Foreign Objects I think?

Ya man, foreign objects! That was just Deron Miller and Jess Margera from CKY. My friend went to high school with both of them, Jess gave me a few copies of the Forien Objects album, its pretty cool stuff actually.

Where's the fun in hearing the same musicians over and over again? These actually add variety and what it seems so far, a lot of contraversy.

Nocturnal Emperor said:
deron miller is a huge death fan and a great guitarist his old band foreign objects is tech death. and mick from slipknot is a very good guitarist in his solo work but not slipknot

Where can i find info or listen to his solo work?

TheMindKiller said:
Shit. Slipknot blows. I used to listen to them a long time ago before I was enlightened. Their guitarists suck, with their stupid riffs. They are so simple. A monkey could play Slipknot. Why? Why? Oh well, stupid people make fucking stupid existence. I guess I'll just not listen to that band. And I am in FL and into Underground.

Not really. I've tried playing slipknot. You have to be really fast, it's like some death metal, some death metal tabs i find are simple and easy to play but playing it at the right speed becomes a challenge. It's also downtuned to like Drop B or Drop A even which is a hard tuning to use for someone like me more used to Drop D tunings and E Standard.

oh and for the record i like slipknot, though i can admit with just Joey, Corey, Mick, and Paul Slipknot would be fucking amazing. The other 5 people banging on trash cans, and the DJ(the DJ is the only reason Slipknot is catagorized as Nu-Metal) kinda are the reason people hate slipknot so much. Even my friends who like them say it's stupid that half the band doesn't even do shit.

Joey and Mick i've heard their stuff. Joey's an awesome drummer and i read somewhere one of the fastest double bass drummers, go search kazaa, Slipknot, and click videos, somewhere in there hopefully you'll find a drum solo on the DVD slipknot made. You're pretty retarded if you think it sucks. As for Mick he's a huge metal head. His early slipknot work on Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat. (indie release and really hard to find since only 1,000 copies were ever made.) the guitars are amazing.

Corey is a good vocalist if he really tries to be.

The reason slipknot musician wise lack skill(even though mick and joey can pull a lot off) is because the whole point of slipknot is to make intense music, mainly good for live shows and moshing to(though IMO Cannibal Corpse and Slayer top them for the best music to mosh to, slipknot come in right after them, then metallica). More people would rather mosh to some intense shit then sit there dazed at some wannabe stairway to heaven or nothing else matters ballad. It's the type of band slipknot is. Like Metallica was good at solos and well known for it(notice how many people complain about st.anger not having any solos. Even though the album sucks anyways everyone else hates it for lacking solos)

Extreme Deformity said:
It's a disgrace? Fuck you guys. You haven't even heard it yet, and already you've passed judgement on the album. James Murphy is no amateur, he knows what he's doing, and if the musicians he's picking can play the stuff and play it well, then I say let them, no matter what bands they're in.

I totally fucking agree with you... this isn't like the slipknot guys are mixing their style with the death songs, they are actually playing the death songs. If they can play it well, than whats the big deal? I have no problem with this. Sure, I hate Slipknot, but just because they make terrible nu-metal doesn't mean they are terrible musicians.

I've been listening to a great deal of Slipknot lately while attempting to adapt a metal elitist's mindset. Try as I might, I can't persuade myself to hate this band.

I went through a brief phase where I came to metal forums, and the experts told me I'm supposed to hate bands like Slipknot if I wanted to be taken seriously. That passed after I grew up and stopped conforming to popular opinion. Slipknot's a good band... nothing amazing, not anywhere near the level of Death, sure, but fuck, who is anymore? Er... who was then? Slipknot, for mainstream metal, fail to bore me.

In fact, I daresay I'm going to check them out with the new Fear Factory in May.

How is this band "nu" again? I thought nu-metal described severely watered-down aural depression bands like Korn and Coal Chamber introduced, that had virtually no emphasis on intensity or power whatsoever. Slipknot is very heavy and intense with some insane drumwork and barbaric guitar riffs. Am I to believe the style of nu-metal is simply modern-sounding metal with the removal of guitar solos? So Demanufacture was "nu?"

What the hell is "nu"? Does anyone who uses it all the time know? Honestly? Can it honestly be applied to a specific genre or is it truly a method of insulting a band? Calling Slipknot nu amidst the hordes of impotent, boring weakling metal bands who better fit "nu" would definitely imply an insult, as someone stated earlier that Slipknot's attitude toward metal is not that of most mainstream metal, and I'd agree.

I think they're labeled nu because of their image -- hordes of apparel, they have a DJ, they're in circulation on "rock" stations. Etc. If they were underground they'd get far more respect from a tremendous margin of those who hate them based on these unappealing aspects of the band in the present.

You guys are fucking idiots. Get the fuck on out of here you slipknot fanboys. What the fuck. Slipknot is the poster child of nu metal. Fucking lamest lyrics I ever heard in my life. If your 555 then i'm 666? What a fucking load of gay topped with dijon. Oh no look at us! We're so scary with these clown masks! I think i'd kill myself if this all the music world had to offer. Half the band is useless. A dj? Dj= nu metal. You fucktards. Do you guys even know what nu metal is? Teen angst lyrics, No solos, dj's, rapped out lyrics, silly gay choruses for the sole purpose of hooking the fans into gaydism. I hope slipknot chocks on their masks and rot! All that is wrong with music lies with them. Shadowdeath your an idiot. I've read your posts. You listen to some shit bands. Get the fuck out of here!

AllWithinMyMonster said:
You guys are fucking idiots. Get the fuck on out of here you slipknot fanboys. What the fuck. Slipknot is the poster child of nu metal. Fucking lamest lyrics I ever heard in my life. If your 555 then i'm 666? What a fucking load of gay topped with dijon. Oh no look at us! We're so scary with these clown masks! I think i'd kill myself if this all the music world had to offer. Half the band is useless. A dj? Dj= nu metal. You fucktards. Do you guys even know what nu metal is? Teen angst lyrics, No solos, dj's, rapped out lyrics, silly gay choruses for the sole purpose of hooking the fans into gaydism. I hope slipknot chocks on their masks and rot! All that is wrong with music lies with them. Shadowdeath your an idiot. I've read your posts. You listen to some shit bands. Get the fuck out of here!

1. Fuck lyrics, music is more then just lyrics.
2. Who gives a fuck about their looks?
3. I agree, half the band is useless, doesn't mean they aren't good or liked by some people.
4. Nu-Metal is Metal with a DJ, drummers or bassists who play hiphop beats like KoRn does, and a bunch of whining pussies who get paid because these suicidal retards feel better sharing their "pain" with these losers. Stupid emo kids. Cry me a river
5. I think you mean choke?
6. Explain how they make music wrong, enlighten us with your tale
7. I think you're(yes it's you're dumbass) an idiot as well. Your probably some fat antisocial 5 year old faggot who feels the need to be important
8. Music is subjective. What's good and what's shit is in the eye of the beholder. Most people say i listen to shit bands
9. I'd rather not.

Status
Not open for further replies.