"Tricky" small room acoustic treatment,help!

MeanMachine6

Metal enthusiast
Mar 7, 2014
Hey everyone,this is my first post(though i've been reading the forum for a while now).So recently i've decided to get a decent studio monitors for my home studio,but before doing that i figured i should do some kind of a room treatment.The room is quite small and im kind of a noob on the subject really, so here are some pics of the room,any ideas of what i can/should do with it?Im just looking for a basic/budget acoustic treatment.Also please dont tell me to get a bigger room cause i cant. Any suggestions would be much appreciated,thanks!
As you can see there is a kind of inside balcony windows,which are all with curtains.
P1000468.JPG

This is what desk looks like,i ll remove the bookshelf on the right as soon as i get the monitors.
P1000469.JPG

Double glazed windows.
P1000470.JPG

This is the place for the amp,i will upgrade it soon with a bigger line 6 combo,as you can see the window is right behind it.I wonder is there anything i should do there?
P1000471.JPG

Wardrobe on the opposite side.
P1000472.JPG

Now this is the part that bothers me.Folding wall which separates the room with the other room.its not a big deal as far as noise reduction as no one usually is in the other room,its like a guest room.As far as acoustic treatment goes,I ve been thinking will hanging a mattress pad or a blanket or something like that over it help?
P1000473.JPG

P1000475.JPG

Mattress pads and blankets are better than nothing, but they're far from good. Do a google search for bass traps, that's what you would need first, and then put some acoustic treatment (foam, etc) on the walls to reduce the echo in the room. I can't see the pictures, probably because of the network I'm on right now, so I don't know what your room looks like. Try not to have any amps or speakers right against a wall or in a corner, as that will amplify the bass, and in a studio you're looking for a clear, natural sound. Also if it's a studio I wouldn't worry about a bigger line 6 combo or a bigger amp in general, just one that has the sound you want.