tricky soloing.. any hints and tips

play as many notes as you can, regardless the frets used, end with a screachy harmonic followed by a low E string whammy dive and you'll be golden..........

Zach-you win the thread

Ken- jesus christ dude....jesus christ. The day that saying someone sounds good soloing over their own tune on a their record constitutes "fellating", I will cut off all contact with the outside world. Everything else has been addressed.

Schenkedere- thumbsup to the posts of yours that I read. I trailed off so as to avoid being tempted to join all the other stuff that was going on

OSAS-you win too

razoredge-at the very least, with that method, this shitstorm would've been avoided

Zach-you win the thread

Ken- jesus christ dude....jesus christ. The day that saying someone sounds good soloing over their own tune on a their record constitutes "fellating", I will cut off all contact with the outside world. Everything else has been addressed.

Schenkedere- thumbsup to the posts of yours that I read. I trailed off so as to avoid being tempted to join all the other stuff that was going on

OSAS-you win too

razoredge-at the very least, with that method, this shitstorm would've been avoided

Thanks, but yeah...joining in the nonsense isn't worth it...it was just stupid.

I guess in the end its like anything at school, regardless of whether you would actually use the written theory stuff in real life, you still have to write it out, whether its Maths or Science formulas, Computer programming sequences, or Music theory. In real life you might just remember them or improvise, but even the knowledge to do that is drawn from the stuff you've already learned, and writing it out certainly ensures you learn it and remember it more effectively...

I guess in the end its like anything at school, regardless of whether you would actually use the written theory stuff in real life, you still have to write it out, whether its Maths or Science formulas, Computer programming sequences, or Music theory. In real life you might just remember them or improvise, but even the knowledge to do that is drawn from the stuff you've already learned, and writing it out certainly ensures you learn it and remember it more effectively...

Thank you professor...you are correct. Just like spelling or vocabulary, the best way to memorize is to write it for yourself...it's a learning tool. The more tools in your chest, the more effectively you will communicate your musical ideas and creative expression.

Zach-you win the thread

OSAS-you win too

I think Ken just needs a friend...and a copy of Guthrie Govan's Erotic Cakes.:heh: