Trigger: room/oh samples are not sounding as they're supposed to.

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Well, good or bad thing but I usually don't use room or overheads samples as I always wanted to use the original tracks... until now.

I have Slate samples, the Ultimate Drums pack and other sample libraries that include room and/or overheads samples. And I use Trigger as replacement software within PT10.

Today I tried to enhance a snare with room samples on one stereo track but it sounded stereo with phase issue (mono sounding) on some hits. I tried with tons of different samples and the only "decent" solution I found was to pick up different samples by side or slightly detune one of them. Pretty bad trick tbh :erk: So my question is how do properly use these kind of stereo samples to get a natural and good sounding results?

PS - Not sure if I had to post this here or in the backline section...

should be as easy as (assuming you're using trigger)/

trigger on a new "room"aux loaded with SNR Room or OH Samples

SEND SNR track to ROOM AUX.

Dial in trigger, ROCK THE VIOLENCE.

ONCE in a while this DOES happen, but it honestly should be 95% never; at least in my case

Never noticed that problem tbh.

One thing I did notice in an older version of trigger, was that it sometimes would fuck with the transient and the panning of some samples (mostly on the ones with more processing).
Like on some of Lasses snares, or on some I cooked myself. Pretty weird, but they fixed it in some of the newer versions.

Thanks guys. I tried to use an aux but same issue. Some hits - actually many hits - are mono sounding (phase issue) So for now, I down pitch one side. It helps but it's not working properly. I have to update Trigger I guess... Will let you know.

PS - Enhancing spot mic tracks with room samples adds a really good vibe to the drums and it saves the day especially with bad sounding room tracks. First try but not the last one! ;)