Trigger vs. mics....

Yes, they're both digital. It's different systems so obviously they don't have the same sounds. You can either record the midi signal and find the sounds that fits when mixing (like I did on Quintessence but was buried in the mix...) or record the actual sounds right from the module (like I did on Empiricism). It's impressive how real it can sound and how authentic it can be to play on when it's adjusted correctly.

- Asgeir

Originally posted by Tet
Bizarre. The were one of the things I liked most about it, and are a definite improvement over previous Dimmu Borgir albums. Like you say, they're *meant* to sound harsh, and I think they fit the atmosphere of the music perfectly. In fact, my only real complaint about PEM is that after making Vortex a full time member of the band, they didn't make more use of his vocal talents. "Kings of the carnival creation" is a masterpiece, though.

I agree with everything you said, but I think the best clean vocal part Vortex did on PEM was in "Sympozium."

Nick from Dimmu used some kind of track playing live with Cradle of Filth for double bass, and also I have heard that Nick has his bass drums set up to where he only has to hit the bass drum once, and it makes it sound like he hit it 2 times. So I think he really cant play as fast as it sounds :(