Trip in the Holy Land

Don't go to Bat Yam...it's not entirely safe as there are tons of criminals in there and people we call "Arsim"...the people of Distorted and I think maybe some of the Orphaned guys live in Bat Yam

Since when is it full of criminals? I think if there are, it's probably closer to where that insane asylum used to be. I doubt it's dangerous around Balfour or whatever it is called where my relatives live.

Metal head87 said:
Since when is it full of criminals? I think if there are, it's probably closer to where that insane asylum used to be. I doubt it's dangerous around Balfour or whatever it is called where my relatives live.

well you don't live in the country so you don't know...it's little philly in there

What are Arsim though? Are they like bums, crack addicts, punks or something like that?
I'm from NY and I live in Manhattan a lot (I have to travel back and forth between NY and Oak Park), so criminals or whatever arsim are don't exactly scare me.

Arsim are people with poor education,prone to violence for no reason whatsoever, have gold around their necks and wrists, furry chest,stylish hair, a fake hunchback to make them look more muscular, date skanky ugly girls
most common phrase:"ahi , yesh ha esh?"(dude, gots the light?) any answer besides yes and you get beaten up by the whole gang for looking at him funny
most of them are north african in origin(marroco, egypt, etc...) but I've met some russian ones too

as for criminals you're just affraid you'll get robbed or raped...I have a junky in my building and i'm scared the shit out of him...even though I don't live in bat yam

Bat Yam is a big Egyptian area. Arsim sound like our black people (I have nothing against black people or anything).

With those kind of people, you just need to assert yourself. They just act tough or look scary, but they aren't usually. One time I was on the subway coming back from buying CDs and a friend of mine was with me. This is like at 1 in the morning (The Virgin Megastore is open until like 2 or 2:30a and they have a big selection of metal there) and the subways are usually empty by then. This is when I used to live in Queens so it's not like I could have just taken one or two stops or even walk back like I can now. So this guy gets on the other side of the car, then walks over to us and sits right across from us. My friend is like budging and whispering to me that we should get off since that guy is looking at us funny and he's staring at my bag of CDs. But I'm staring that guy back, my arms are crossed and I'm like cracking my knuckles and stuff like that. After a couple of minutes of a staring war, the guy gets up and walks to the other side of the subway car. Afterwards, my friend even told me that I was even snarling at him. Most of the time, if they think that you'll put up a fight, they won't do anything. I wouldn't test that with junkies though, they're never in their right mind.

Metal head87 said:
Bat Yam is a big Egyptian area. Arsim sound like our black people (I have nothing against black people or anything).

With those kind of people, you just need to assert yourself. They just act tough or look scary, but they aren't usually. One time I was on the subway coming back from buying CDs and a friend of mine was with me. This is like at 1 in the morning (The Virgin Megastore is open until like 2 or 2:30a and they have a big selection of metal there) and the subways are usually empty by then. This is when I used to live in Queens so it's not like I could have just taken one or two stops or even walk back like I can now. So this guy gets on the other side of the car, then walks over to us and sits right across from us. My friend is like budging and whispering to me that we should get off since that guy is looking at us funny and he's staring at my bag of CDs. But I'm staring that guy back, my arms are crossed and I'm like cracking my knuckles and stuff like that. After a couple of minutes of a staring war, the guy gets up and walks to the other side of the subway car. Afterwards, my friend even told me that I was even snarling at him. Most of the time, if they think that you'll put up a fight, they won't do anything. I wouldn't test that with junkies though, they're never in their right mind.

well the ones that just trying to scare ya are called Arsim Tza'atzua(toy arsim) they are harmless and whenever they talk to you you just pass them by ignoring them completely and they won't do anything

real Arsim as I said don't walk alone...they go in packs...if you can take a guy out at a staredown this is not the case for it cause staring at him will just provoke the whole 6 of them to beat the crap out of you

Sounds kind of like our getto/gangsta people but more serious. I've never had any problems with those gangsta types. Whenever I pass by some of then, I just walk past them and if they say something like "sup" or "what's up", I'll just nod and say it back and just walk away. Maybe it's the same thing with the arsim. They pretty much sound like our gangsta type.

I think you can say Arsim are more or less like the afro-american in Harlem.....but less scarier and dangerous......

they listening to music really loud, from their Subaru cars....they mostly have good recievers and sub-woopers...... :)
but they are listening to israeli oriental music, with singers who are crying more than singing!

the irony is that 99% of them are right winged, and hate arabs, though they are arabs as well (their parents are jews who came to Israel from arab countries)....
just stupid!

Steven Wilson once told me that in England it's Shas and kevs (or something).....Sharon's and Kevin's?!
but English Arsim are really NOT like the Israel's ones!

RashomoN said:
I think you can say Arsim are more or less like the afro-american in Harlem.....but less scarier and dangerous......

they listening to music really loud, from their Subaru cars....they mostly have good recievers and sub-woopers...... :)
but they are listening to israeli oriental music, with singers who are crying more than singing!

the irony is that 99% of them are right winged, and hate arabs, though they are arabs as well (their parents are jews who came to Israel from arab countries)....
just stupid!
Hahahahahahaha, that sounds like everyone from my high school, except they were all Russian.

RashomoN said:
Steven Wilson once told me that in England it's Shas and kevs (or something).....
I reckon he was talking about "chavs"?...check this link...note: not to be taken entirely serious, ok! ;-) :Smug:

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

Oh, and next time you speak to Steven Wilson, tell him I'd just love to hear him play "Drown with me" from the "In absentia" bonus disc on PT's German tour in September, ok? Probably Steven's finest vocal performance, I absolutely adore this song...