Trip in the Holy Land

In the US, we call them Ghetto, or Wiggers if they are white. They usually call themselves Gangstas (note that it is Gangsta and not Gangster) or Thug (with the word Life or 4 Life often following when they talk about their lifestyle). They drive crappy cars with rims that cost 2 or 3 times as much as the car does. Their cars usually bounce from the car hydraulics. They often refer to women as bitches or hos.
If they are Mexican, they sometimes have La Cucaracha as their car horn as well. They refer to their friends as homies and to anybody else as homes.
I learn a lot from watching The Shield- greatest cop show, and one of the greatest shows, ever!

sister ophelia said:
I reckon he was talking about "chavs"?...check this link...note: not to be taken entirely serious, ok! ;-) :Smug:

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

Oh, and next time you speak to Steven Wilson, tell him I'd just love to hear him play "Drown with me" from the "In absentia" bonus disc on PT's German tour in September, ok? Probably Steven's finest vocal performance, I absolutely adore this song...

i almost sure he ment Kevin's and Sharon's.....those are the common names for these kind of people....i guess....!

yes....."Drown with Me" is a great piece! totally agree.....

now Steven in in England....thats why he didn't come to the gig today (I guess).....
and maybe the next time he returns here, he will produce ORwarriOR.....

That chav link made me laugh, we have a growing number of chavs in the UK, they are people of low intellect who dress in fake designer clothes (especially Burberry) and wear hooded tops and lots of cheap gold jewellery. They tend to hang around the streets in gangs acting tough. Sounds like every country has their own version of those people!!!
Has anyone heard of the English television programme Little Britain? It's a sketch show which is very popular over here. There is a character in it called Vicky Pollard who is a chav. She wears a pink tracksuit and loads of gold jewellery (including very big hoop earings) and can't talk properly.

Is that the really stupid but very funny show that had Motorhead on one time, or was that another show?
For me, my favorite of the British comedies is Mr. Bean:kickass:

Ruth_P said:
Has anyone heard of the English television programme Little Britain? It's a sketch show which is very popular over here. There is a character in it called Vicky Pollard who is a chav. She wears a pink tracksuit and loads of gold jewellery (including very big hoop earings) and can't talk properly.
Yeah, I saw the first 4 episodes on dvd. Brilliant, just brilliant. I was literally ROFL...

Motorhead haven't appeared in 'Little Britain', that must have been another show. Mr. Bean is cool and I used to enjoy 'The Office' when it was on, I believe you have that in the US now. Also I do like the classic 'Fawlty Towers'.

Fawlty Towers is funny as hell!
Benny Hill and Montey Python are hilarious too!
I also like this show with Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) The Blue Line. I was laughing so hard when he said "I'm not a machine, I cannot have sex every fortnight" or something like that on one episode.
Keeping Up Appearances is funny as hell too.

I remember there was a show that Motorhead was on. They played Ace Of Spades I think it was. I saw it a while ago. Maybe it was a different show. I'll ask someone I know who is addicted to the BBC channel since she was the one who showed that episode to me.