Tristania

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
How does 'World of Glass' stack up compared to 'Widow's Weeds' and 'Beyond the Veil'?

I've got both 'WW' and 'BtV' and think they're both great, but prefer 'BtV' somewhat more. Is 'World of Glass' more a progression of that album, or is it another thing entirely?

Basically, should I get it if I like 'Beyond the Veil'?

requiem said:
Basically, should I get it if I like 'Beyond the Veil'?

I loved "Beyond the Veil" and probably still do if I put it on again,
but "World of Glass" sort of ruined the whole Tristania thing for me.
They went into a lighter direction with their music... Not my style at
all. If you want something which is a natural progression from
"Beyond the Veil", get Sirenia's "At Sixes and Sevens" album...
Definitely where Tristania would've been if Morten didn't leave, and
form this new band.

I only like a couple of Tristania songs.. I don't like any of their albums as a whole..

Crushed Dream, My Lost Lenore and Wormwood is my favourite tracks by them

I have "Beyond The Veil" and "World Of Glass", and though I like them both a lot, I think that Beyond The Veil is much better than World Of Glass. You probably should get WoG anyway.

beyond the veil is really good, quite different from world of glass which i didn't like at all :|

haven't heard widows weed's though, perhaps i should pick it up, is it very different from B.T.Y. ?

I wish I could help you, but Ive only heard Widow's Weed, though I liked that alot I havent been able to check out any of the other albums yet...

If you want something which is a natural progression from
"Beyond the Veil", get Sirenia's "At Sixes and Sevens" album...

This guy said it all. If you're expecting a continuation of BTV then Sirenia is the way to go, World of Glass is without doubt (in my mind) Tristania's poorest album to date, and unfortunately I don't think they'll ever managed to recapture their past.

Thanks for the advice. I've been eyeing of Sirenia for a while now and it's only a matter of time before I buy it.

Basically, what everyone's told me is pretty much what I was expecting. I might still check out 'WoG', although I won't just go out and buy it.

Thanks again.

Well, BtV is a great album. But I am apparently one of few who really enjoys WoG.

When it comes to Sirenia, it's definitely up there with BtV.

But nonetheless, I prefer Trail of Tears and their extremely awesome A New Dimension of Might.