trivium are a breath of fresh air

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
just listening to trivium after i have heard some good things about them,album sounding great so far,metal needs more asskickers,best of luck to em.

mrthrax said:
just listening to trivium after i have heard some good things about them,album sounding great so far,metal needs more asskickers,best of luck to em.

Trivium are just another metal core fucking sing/scream/sing scream band like all the other garbage out right now. All these people are claiming them to be some 'true metal' band. Trivium sucks, generic metal core to the bone. I don't understand it. I have listened to the CD several times and just can't take it anymore.

I hear people say 'dude finally a classic sounding metal band like pantera or metallica'

YEAHHHH RIIIIGHHHHTT! Give it up they suck

I am really enjoying The Haunted right now. Trivium is ok, but i personally think The Haunted blow them away.

I belong to BMG Record Club and the album was the featured selection this month. I didn't get it but I saw a video on Headbanger's Ball. I thought it was pretty good. I look forward to your review before I decide whether to buy it though.

eighteeschick said:
I belong to BMG Record Club and the album was the featured selection this month. I didn't get it but I saw a video on Headbanger's Ball. I thought it was pretty good. I look forward to your review before I decide whether to buy it though.

If you like watching headbangers ball and enjoy all of the garbage 'hardcore metal' bands and 'metal core' bands they play on there you will definetely enjoy the trivium album. If you are looking for a band similar to slayer, anthrax, pantera, metallica FORGET about it they are nothing similar to real classic heavy metal

They are a very talented band. I can do without the screaming, but he has a very unique singing voice that I really dig. The band's playing is amazing. THey cant pull it off live though, from the videos I have seen.

Last week was the first time I watched Headbanger's Ball in ages and the only reason why Trivium even stuck out is because, like I said, they were the featured selection. Then when I saw their video I decided to watch it. But I still didn't mind it.

well i see good things for this band but I woudnt really expect many others to like them that much. the way i see it it's like really technical metalcore with good hooks and immense lead guitar work but i dont think they are the next big thinkg in metal i prefer 3 inches of blood as my favourite new band.

Best of the new crop of metal bands IMO. A lot of people write them off because of the scream/sing thing, but they're only two albums in and a very young band, so give them time. I honestly don't see how someone can bash them without even giving them credit for their guitar work.

I've seen them live twice and both times they've put on a great show. You can watch a webcast of one of their concerts here and judge for yourself. Scroll down a little in the bottom right menu for bands:

Fans of Ascendancy should definitely check out their first Ember to Inferno.

I like the Weedily Wee gitaur playing, but the Sing/Scream/Sing pattern gets tired, I've only listened to ascendancy, I got another album to listen to yet... Kinda reminds me of the way I didn't like grunge music when it first came out, but it grew on me...

ironmaidenfan09 said:
If you like watching headbangers ball and enjoy all of the garbage 'hardcore metal' bands and 'metal core' bands they play on there you will definetely enjoy the trivium album. If you are looking for a band similar to slayer, anthrax, pantera, metallica FORGET about it they are nothing similar to real classic heavy metal

I couldn't disagree more. The band plays great music, riffs, solos, and doesn't scream ALL THE TIME like the rest of those bands. I can't take 90% of the stuff on HBB, but they really stuck out. Read the Kerrang review on the Anthrax news section. The first part of the review is about Trivium and says it all.

Oh yeah, Mastadon kicks ass too.