Trivium. Discuss.

Canucklehead said:
Exactly! My musical tastes run the gambit between classical and death metal. I always laugh at the guys who say my tastes suck. I'm willing to give just about anything a shot (except country). My attitude is have an open mind and just enjoy the music!

I'll bet if someone says they like Country you'd just say, I don't like it but that's cool.

I thought about it today why Trivium was so liked and realy I think they are realy marketable. With there music and vocals they are able to appeal to a much wider audience that other metalcore bands can't reach. I am just surprised we aren't discussing 3 inches of blood cause if anyone is reviving metal it is them. they are deffently doing something their peers aren't doing.

add_em said:
I thought about it today why Trivium was so liked and realy I think they are realy marketable. With there music and vocals they are able to appeal to a much wider audience that other metalcore bands can't reach. I am just surprised we aren't discussing 3 inches of blood cause if anyone is reviving metal it is them. they are deffently doing something their peers aren't doing.

OK this is my time to plead ignorance - 3 Inches Of Blood. Don't know them whatsoever. Must look into them.

timmyc said:
OK this is my time to plead ignorance - 3 Inches Of Blood. Don't know them whatsoever. Must look into them.

I have a compilation CD with a song of thiers on it. Definitly worth a listen to. Anymore, there are so many metalcore bands coming out, it is starting to slowly replace nu-metal. Even the bands I know in my old own are "changing" to try to ride the wave. Ya know, a blast beat here and there, more deep throating the mic, low tunings but in the standard way, and more complex riffage. But yes, give them a spin.

yeah if you like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden or Mercy Fate you should deffently listen to 3 inches of blood

I love both Maiden and Priest, but I just heard some of the tracks from 3 Inches of Blood. Personally the music isn't too bad, but the vocalist...Sounds like Minnie Mouse on acid. but to each their own. Thats the greatest part of music, it is subjective and their will always be different opinions. Things would get rather boring if everyone agreed on everything.

Just for the record my musical tastes run from classical to new wave to some death metal. It gets rather schizophrenic at times. lol

I'm not too big on Trivium, I have Ascendancy, and I grew bored of it quite quickly. They don't seem to have their own sound, they're very much like a lot of other bands around. Having said that, they're infinitely better than a lot of bands around (avenged sevenfold springs to mind here)

Also agree on the point about 3 Inches Of Blood. Gotta love those vocals! They're probably the nearest of all the newer bands to that classic metal sound. I don't see the need for the other vocalist though (the screamy one, not the Halford one).